Saturday, January 13, 2007

I have snow in my house!

Quiet is not a word that describes me. This "winter" I've been particularly vocal about our lack of winter and especially our lack of snow in Ohio. My friend Spaz, all the way in Littleton, CO, took it upon herself to shut me up. If you live anywhere except under a rock, you know that Spaz has had the joy of one snowstorm after another recently.

This is what the mail carried delivered to my front porch today: A box from Littleton, CO. Refrigerate Upon Arrival. As soon as I saw who it came from I started laughing.

A white, styrofoam cooler, tightly sealed. Hmmmm.

Inside the cooler, mucho, mucho newspaper.


Under all that paper, kitchen trash bags, with many ice packs visible. By this time, Mayhem and the Absent-Minded Professor were going absolutely bonkers. The two dogs weren't helping much, either!

At long last, Mayhem hugged the zip-loc bag of snow! "It's still cold! A little slushy, though. We better freeze it."

Once again, I am reminded how truly blessed I am when it comes to friends. Something simple and silly is thoughtful and meaningful.

Hey, Spaz, want your ice packs back?? Love you! xoxoxo

2 Comments:

Blogger g-girl said...

oh, that was awesome of Spaz to send you some snow from CO. :)

Saturday, January 13, 2007 at 3:43:00 PM EST  
Blogger Sourire11 said...

How cute! And what a thoughtful and fun thing to do! I'm happy the real, live, lake effect snow is finally here - it's coming down like crazy right now.

Tuesday, January 16, 2007 at 10:10:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home