Sunday, January 21, 2007

Late night thinking problem

Last night, I was up late, unable to sleep. That happens to me quite a bit these days. I had even taken something to help me sleep, but it took longer to work than usual. A fire was roaring in the woodstove. Something mindless was on the television, and I was wrapped in a fuzzy throw (not hand-knit) in my favorite corner of the couch. Knitting was out of the question, because my brain was getting fuzzy from the sleeping meds.

Just before finally dropping off, I had the most wonderful thought. Want to know what it was?

If we could choose who we love, life would be much, much simpler...but a whole lot less magical.

Surprisingly, I could recall the thought today. Just thought I would share.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Karen - It sounds like you are struggling with some stuff (and as if that's an understatement). I just wanted to speak up and let you know that I am thinking about you, and hoping that you get some peaceful sleep, and that this loving-the-wrong-person thing (or am I mis-reading your post?) gets easier somehow.

Monday, January 22, 2007 at 9:21:00 AM EST  
Blogger Karen said...

Hi Liz - Not loving the wrong person. It's just complicated. Too much to list here, that's for sure! Thanks for caring, dear friend.

Monday, January 22, 2007 at 8:31:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home