Tuesday, January 30, 2007

What's That About "You can't teach an old dog..."?

Last night I was so annoyed! My internet connection croaked right in the middle of a conversation with a friend. Grrrrr. Internet service, for me, is normally really reliable. It's also as vital as, let's say, air.

I did turn that annoyance into something good. Sitting in my favorite corner of the couch was the start of Mayhem's slippers. Well, slipper, to be accurate. Just one so far. I had gotten as far as the point where I would turn the heel and then set it aside. Yeah, I know. Chickenshit. "I don't know nuthin' 'bout turnin' no heels!"

Guess what? Now I do! Not only did I turn the heel, I also picked up the stitches for the gusset, knitted across to the other side and picked up the stitches on that side.


Do you remember that I chose Fuzzyfeet for a specific reason? I mean besides the fact that Mayhem wanted slippers made by Mom? It was to force (encourage? entice? lead?) me to learn to knit socks. I love seeing everyone else's hand-knit socks. I really, really love the colors of sock yarn posted all over the internet and even in my LYS. Yum! Sock knitting just seems so doggone daunting to me.

Today, not so much.

Outside we have this to look at, and it's our first **Snow Day**!


Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

Snow day as in 'too much snow to go to school?' or snow day as in 'yay it snowed?' The radio announcers were all worked up yesterday because we were FINALLY supposed to get some snow (a whopping "two to FOUR inches!"). Woke up this morning, and there was maybe a quarter of an inch of the stuff . . .

Something has seriously upset the natural order of things when New Englanders are getting worked up over the possibility of "two to FOUR inches," and then we don't even get that much!

Wednesday, January 31, 2007 at 9:03:00 AM EST  
Blogger Karen said...

Liz, school was cancelled!!! I got to stay home, build a fire, knit and play in the snow! :-)

Wednesday, January 31, 2007 at 4:30:00 PM EST  
Blogger Sourire11 said...

See socks aren't so hard! I have to warn you, though... they are VERY addicting. Something about how fun sock yarn is, I dunno...

and hope you had a wondeful SNOW DAY! I'm very very jealous!

Wednesday, January 31, 2007 at 5:05:00 PM EST  
Blogger the secret knitter said...

Knitting my first pair of slippers is on the agenda, but I don't see them being a gateway to socks. Good luck with them.

We've had snow here but nothing but the downy stuff that doesn't accumulate. I could go for a snow day, except with as much as I've needed to get done, I probably would have walked to work regardless.

Wednesday, January 31, 2007 at 7:18:00 PM EST  
Blogger Karen said...

Mark, click the Fuzzyfeet link in my post and you'll see why these slippers are a gateway to socks. They are just huge socks! Go look.

Thanks for stopping by, too! :-)

Wednesday, January 31, 2007 at 8:21:00 PM EST  
Blogger Ejly said...

mmm... socks... mmmm

Friday, February 2, 2007 at 9:38:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home