Saturday, January 27, 2007

K-Chan is Complete

This was a fun little bag to make and it forced me (encouraged me?) to learn a couple of new techniques, which I mentioned in a previous post.

First photo - The i-cord straps, braided before felting. I didn't leave them that way during washing. That's the button I chose for this little bag. What a cute lime green daisy!

Close up shot of the yarn and button together.

And last, but certainly not least, K-Chan after felting. Notice how big that button looks now?


My name for this bag should be Malabrigo Chan, since I didn't use Noro Kureyon. The Malabrigo felted quickly, and shrunk a great deal. More than I thought it would. If I make this bag again with Malabrigo I would probably double the yarn. The bag is just big enough to hold a bitty cell phone, keys, a couple of dollars and maybe a lipstick. Maybe.

The decision has not yet been made as to where this bag will call home. It is, however, my third FO for January!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home