Saturday, February 17, 2007

A Little Mystery... and some knitting

Have you ever received an anonymous card in the mail? Today I did. Strange. It's for my birthday. Only, in a way, it's not anonymous. It's from the dog. Seriously. On the front is a big yellow Lab, and the card says, "This birthday card is from me. The dog." The text goes babbling on about how I (the card reader) am probably wondering how he (the dog) got out to go buy a card. Inside it says, "Let's just say I know people." Below that, "Happy birthday from...that's right...the dog."

I am not participating in any secret pal things right now, so rule out secret pals as possible senders. The card was postmarked here in my own city. It has no return address, simply a pawprint sticker. Likewise, a sticker for the signature inside. Of the three most viable options, two have already denied responsibility, including the person I thought most likely; my friend Sharon. She does have six dogs, and helped me rescue my chocolate Lab from the pound. Rest assured, I will get to the bottom of this. Otherwise, this gentleman gets all the credit!

On to knitting, now. After all, I promised knitting photos and content in my last entry.

First up, the green raglan sweater. I am determined to finish this sweater. I don't hate it. For the life of me, I can't figure out why it's taking me so long! It's not difficult. Now that I've wound the yarn and seen the different colors I even have a bit of a challenge with changing balls every few rows so that I don't end up with a huge color shift halfway through like I did with the back. And speaking of the back, look at those lovely raglan decreases where my sleeves will be joined!

A closer shot, you say? I can do that.



Just for kicks, I'll even show you the progress I've made on the front!

One last thing. I have been wanting to make myself some simple wrist warmers or fingerless gloves. I have this delicious merino wool from Classic Elite that I dug out of my stash. It's called Waterlily. I bought a deep blue, called Inlet. Friends, I cannot tell you enough how soft this wool truly feels. It's not scratchy at all like some think immediately when they think of wool. Having fallen in love with making cables, I decided to make Irish Hiking Wrist Warmers using this buttery soft merino wool. Here's the start of the first one...

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger the secret knitter said...

Weird. I hope someone takes the credit for it. I would go crazy wondering who sent it. Or maybe your dog really is that smart.

Sunday, February 18, 2007 at 10:49:00 PM EST  
Blogger Liz said...

Go Bruno! I read ahead, so I know you eventually found out -- but what a wonderful mystery. Just odd enough that it actually /might/ really have happened that way.

Tuesday, February 27, 2007 at 8:30:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home