Thursday, March 22, 2007

Evidence of Spring (to convince myself)

If you have any doubt about it, Spring really is here. The calendar says so, and I have found signs of Spring outside. Photographic evidence follows. This is in attempt to convince myself and give encouragement to anyone else suffering from cabin fever and/or the Winter Blahs. I hope it helps.

So, without further ado, I present to you:

Crocuses in my front yard.



Cider Moon icicle in Mardi Gras along with those crocuses. Hmmm, maybe "Crocus" would be a good alternative name for this colorway. (There's a link to Cider Moon in my sidebar!)



And mud! Plenty of mud in my backyard. Notice the absence of the cold, white substance known as snow. Yep. All gone. If you look closely you may see many large-ish doggy footprints though.

What have we here in the corner under the kitchen window? Daylily sprouts! Only about 2"-3" right now,but keep the faith, my friends.


In June and July they will look like this:

Hang in there!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

Evidence, indeed! I can hardly wait until my perennials start to show their lovely heads.

Friday, March 23, 2007 at 5:03:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Stickchicky said...

Hi Karen, I just dropped by to tell you that you have won the yarn in my blog contest. If you could e-mail me your address I can get it off to you this week. Congrats!

Saturday, March 24, 2007 at 6:01:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Karen said...

Hi Sticky! I'm having trouble posting to your blog. Email me at kyockey at aol dot com and we can get going on the prize winnings! LOL I feel like a sweepstakes winner!

Saturday, March 24, 2007 at 6:28:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home