Monday, April 09, 2007

Beautiful Birthday Booga Bag

How's that for some alliteration?


My Just Ribbing (aka Wild Thing) Socks will be finished today sometime, and I'll have another FO to add to my sidebar. I'm trying to decide what to start next. Another pair of socks will be started, of course. I've been bitten by the sock bug. My dad has requested a pair, and I'll lovingly oblige. Yesterday my brother and I made a deal where he gets handknit socks in exchange for my receiving a set quantity of his home-brewed beer... The words "Way better than purses," came out of his mouth, referring to the One Skein clutches I made all my sisters at Christmas. But I digress.

Back to what to knit next. My two big choices are to cast on for my Log Cabin afghan or to start Clapotis. I already have the yarn for each. If I start Clapotis, I can knit it along with Sarah Lou, who is just a short way into the project. I know I signed on to knit Sahara as part of a KAL, but making a sweater right now, even a short-sleeved one, just isn't calling to me. It's going to wait.

So what do you think? Log Cabin or Clapotis? It doesn't mean I'll listen to you, but I'm interested to hear what you think, and why.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Kristin said...

I actually casted on a log cabin last night... so thats my vote because I'm on a log cabin kick... good luck with your choice! :)

Monday, April 9, 2007 at 3:17:00 PM EDT  
Blogger KnitterBunny said...

Clapotis, just 'cause it's fun to say. Incidentally, I've never knit one. (Or a log cabin either)

Monday, April 9, 2007 at 3:33:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is beautiful! I don't know what you should knit next. I want to knit a clapotis someday!

Tuesday, April 10, 2007 at 12:03:00 AM EDT  
Blogger sarah lou said...

clapotis! clapotis!

i heart alliteration.

and i heart that you're trading hand knits for home brews. :)

Tuesday, April 10, 2007 at 5:25:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Kel said...

How was knitting the Booga Bag? I've wanted to make one, but haven't done it yet. :o)

I vote that you start the Clapotis. Then you can obnoxiously call it The Clap like the rest of us. :o) It's a pretty easy pattern, just the increase rows are for-ev-ver! I neglected to see at the end of the pattern it says how to shorten the pattern into a scarf instead of the shawl/scarf version. Had I known about the smaller version I would have done it. I'm about 40% through my Clap now.

Tuesday, April 10, 2007 at 10:19:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Bashirs Momma said...

I LOVE your bags! They are really great!

Monday, April 16, 2007 at 9:47:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home