Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Seventy Nine and Snowy

There's an old saying here in Ohio that goes something like this, "If you don't like the weather here, stick around a few minutes. It's bound to change soon."

No kidding.

Yesterday it was seventy nine degrees here. Sunny. Absolutely gorgeous most of the day. I sat outside at lunch for a few minutes to enjoy it. Today, it's in the 30's and snowing! We dragged the winter coats back out again. How utterly disheartening.

Today, at least, I didn't have to look at the snow showers. I was stuck inside a room without windows, at a workshop I didn't want to attend. I took the sock. I knitted. Funny thing is, I think I actually paid better attention to what was going on because of the knitting. The knitting kept me from dwelling on how much I really did not want to be there, and how much work I had waiting back in my office at school. As much as my seventh graders make me crazy this time of year, there are many of them that need extra support now, in this last grading period. I poured that frustration into the sock. The heel flap was knit. I moved on to the heel decreases. By lunchtime I was ready to pick up the stitches and start the gussett. As soon as I finished the boxed lunch provided, I did exactly that.

After school I hauled in firewood so that I could fire up the woodstove yet again. It's nice to have a way to heat the house other than using my furnace, but after having windows open the past few days, I was sad to have to do this again. It's depressing.

Thank goodness my order from WEBS arrived to brighten the day! And my order from Cider Moon! (Pictures tomorrow, I promise.)

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger tiennieknits said...

I think we got your beautiful weather here!

Thursday, April 5, 2007 at 7:53:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Valerie said...

I lived in Ohio so I know that saying all to well. It gives no warning just **poof** weather change. -=giggle=-

Sunday, April 8, 2007 at 4:12:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home