Friday, March 30, 2007

Because I Don't Have Enough To Do

A short time back, I joined The Sexy Knitter's Club and signed on to participate in their next knitalong (KAL). The two spring/summer sweater candidates were chosen from a long list of beautiful choices, after participants voted. From those two, I decided I am going to knit Sahara in the short-sleeved version. For me.

Since I broke down and decided to stay home today, day 4 of the fever kicking my butt, I was presented with the perfect opportunity to get the yarn for this project. No, I didn't venture out of the house. I went to good old reliable WEBS and chose Goshen in Apple Green. Goshen is from WEBS' house line, Valley Yarns, and therefore economical. I will be knitting this sweater for less than $40.

I will be knitting this sweater.

From 3:00 AM until 5:00 AM I was up with nasty nose issues, leading me to the conclusion that this pesky fever all week is now a sinus infection. My face hurts (I know, it's killing you, too!), my teeth ache, so I called in sick and called my doctor this morning before I have to spend the whole weekend this way. Nurse Nancy reported to me that the office was full of really nasty germs and sick elderly people. She would make sure the doc called in good meds for me, saving me from having to get dressed and go to the office. God Bless her. In between nose honkings, I've knitted, and gone around disinfecting doorknobs and countertops, phones, and random surfaces as I think of them. There's a reason why I need to get better...

Mayhem is turning EIGHT on Sunday. Yes, April Fools' Day. (The joke has been on me ever since.) This morning she went off to school with cupcakes for her class as a treat. Chocolate, with bright green and purple icing. With sprinkles. I have to stop and pick up some surprise gifts for her after I drop her and the Absent-Minded Professor at karate with their dad today. How can the baby be eight??

Maybe I will surprise both kids and take Bruno along with me when I pick them up from school this afternoon. The kids and their friends love when Big Dog comes to school.
I added an email address to my sidebar. (Have you noticed I'm not good at this being sick thing?)

One last thing... I took this in my backyard two days ago.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Sourire11 said...

Have fun with the Harlot tomorrow!!!

And I can't wait to see how your sahara turns out... Apple green will be a great color for it!

Saturday, March 31, 2007 at 10:40:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home