Thursday, April 19, 2007

Catching Up

Is it Friday yet??

Tuesday night I met Sarah and Johari at Yarn Haven for S 'n' B. The time flew! We had a great time looking at everyone's projects, fondling yarn, laughing and helping each other. Sarah is going to help me with Clapotis because no matter what, my first section of this darn thing just isn't turning out with the correct number of stitches. She, on the other hand, is making amazing progress with hers. I was a bit green with envy. Instead of working on my Clapotis that night, I cast on for another pair of socks with my Banana Cabana yarn from Cider Moon. It's such a happy, cheery color! While at Yarn Haven, I also had the pleasure of meeting Susan, another local blogger. There are pictures of Yarn Haven on her blog.

Yarn Haven is adorable! It's set up in a little house just off the main street in Perrysburg. When I walked in, I was transported back to my Tante Annemarie's house, because the floor plan inside is nearly identical to her house which I sold last year. It felt like coming home, and made me think of my dear Tante who taught me to crochet when I was little. Everyone was welcoming and friendly. So many knitters came on Tuesday that the owners were hopping up to get out more chairs! It was definitely a full house.

Wednesday was a day full of meetings for me. I met on students. I met about how the junior high counselors will be divided next year (no decision made yet!). Then I came back to school for a meeting to vote on our new teacher's contract. As a building rep, I had to make sure that I got ballots to the people in my building. I did knit on my sock during the meeting. Represent!

Fellow blogger, The Secret Knitter, is asking about the appeal of sock knitting. We've emailed back and forth about sock knitting being a sort of cult. What do you think? What do you love or hate about sock knitting? Leave him a comment if you knit socks letting him (yes, HIM) know what the appeal is with socks. Are sock knitters forming their own sort of cult?

Speaking of socks, did you get in on The Loopy Ewe's sneak up shop update yesterday? There's a button in my sidebar if you want to get there quickly!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger KnitterBunny said...

Oh yeah, I scored. :) Apple Laine, Scarlet Fleece, and Claudia Handpainted. It was after the initial rush, I'm sure, but I found some lively things.

Thursday, April 19, 2007 at 2:16:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Socks are the best knitting - portable, quick, and you get to try out different patterns without getting too bored. It also helps that I have a very appreciative recipient of my socks - my hubby. They are totally custom fit for his feet which means no floppy toes on him.

Thursday, April 19, 2007 at 4:55:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home