Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Told Ya

Yesterday I mentioned that I have been buying a bit too much yarn lately. Maybe. I promised a photo to show you what has crossed my doorstep most recently. But first, a little disclaimer.
I'm sure I've forgotten to include something in the photo. In fact, I know that there are 4 skeins of Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece in my car (destined to become Rusted Root) and 3 balls of wool from the Yarn Tasting in the car as well. The Namaste Messenger Bag I ordered expressly for my knitting hasn't arrived yet. That's the last of the packages. Honest.

Notice my Loopy Ewe tote? Yay me!

So, let's take a closer look... Claudia Handpainted in Summer Rose (red) and Shark (turquoise and black) at the top. Chewy Spaghetti in Fresh at the bottom right. Those all came from The Loopy Ewe. The green/blue/lavender yarn at the bottom is Seacoast Handpainted Panda in Rain. To its left is a freebie that came in my Loopy Ewe order, Online Nepal Supersock. Last, but not least, Duets Sock Yarn in So Chic. This comes with the variegated sock yarn for the top and foot, and the solid color to make the toe and heel.


Not all of this came from The Loopy Ewe. I did order some from Pick Up Sticks, an online source out of Canada. They included a free mini sock blocker keychain with my order.

I like my yarn issues.

Labels:

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yummy!!

Tuesday, May 8, 2007 at 7:34:00 PM EDT  
Blogger miss ewe said...

Nicely done!

Tuesday, May 8, 2007 at 9:58:00 PM EDT  
Blogger becky c. said...

I think you and I could co-enable each other right into the poorhouse!

Tuesday, May 8, 2007 at 10:25:00 PM EDT  
Blogger sarah lou said...

i was just eyeing that so chic combo from duets, yesterday... ;)

thanks for enabling me... again!!

Wednesday, May 9, 2007 at 9:48:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Liz said...

I find I go through phases. For a while, the will is strong. Then, I have a yarn accident and the packages all start pouring in (if I'm lucky, I get home before E and integrate the yarn into the stash before he starts commenting on how I'm getting one or two packages a day). Then my appetite is sated for a bit. Until it isn't. Unfortunately, I am buying yarn faster than I can knit it. MUCH faster. But it's all beautiful stuff. So I don't mind. Not at all.

Wednesday, May 9, 2007 at 9:59:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Karen said...

My fiber friends are the best enablers I know. Do you know The Loopy Ewe updated last night? LOL

Hey, I'm not buying clothes (but getting rid of them by the box load! 70 lbs. dropped in 2.5 yrs) or feeding my face at night! :-)

Wednesday, May 9, 2007 at 10:22:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Beth said...

I'm not showing everything I've purchased recently. Let's just say there's been enough stuff delivered that I'm afraid my landlord will raise my rent (if I've got that much extra money....)

Is there enough in the Duets yarn to knit the socks w/o using the coordinating heel/toe yarn?

Wednesday, May 9, 2007 at 1:28:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oohh... where do I get one of them yarn growing plants you've got there?!

Wednesday, May 9, 2007 at 8:30:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Kristin said...

ohhhh yummy :) i love yarn p0rn :)

Wednesday, May 9, 2007 at 11:04:00 PM EDT  
Blogger sarah lou said...

socks.

Thursday, May 10, 2007 at 11:10:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home