Monday, May 07, 2007

Crazy

Life is complicated with its 'ifs' and 'ands' and 'buts.'
It's alright to be crazy, just don't let it drive you nuts!
~Jimmy Buffett~
~Ahhh, there's nothing quite like a junior high in May. Mid-quarter reports for the last grading period are going home. Kids who know they have to go to summer school have pretty much checked out mentally. Parents that haven't called or come to any conferences all year are coming out of the woodwork wanting their kids "saved" with 23 days of school left. (Not that I'm counting!) And where am I? In my office? Nope! I'm spending 2.5 to 3 hours each morning in a classroom with kids who missed the stupid state-mandated achievement test trying to make sure everyone makes it up, or as much of it as possible. From there I head to the cafeteria for principal-mandated cafeteria duty. Ugh! I am a glorified babysitter right now. By the time I get back to my office and try to get something accomplished, the day is more than half over and I feel like I'm spinning my wheels. Crazy.
~ Normally knitting helps. It seems, however, that instead of knitting consistently enough to finish anything, I've been acquiring yarn. Too much yarn. Insane amounts of yarn. Enough yarn to clothe a small country, if I could knit that fast. Crazy. I've been considering reverting back to crochet, even temporarily, since I can do that so much faster, to use up some of this stash that is accumulating so quickly. I'll take a picture tomorrow of recent arrivals at my house. One involved becoming a Loopy Groupie!
~ A friend suggested today that I put a spending freeze on myself in terms of buying yarn. Now that is really crazy. It would probably drive me nuts.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger toledonative said...

I totally hear you on the mid-May Jr. High student thing. Ugh. Ugh. Ugh. Hang in there! (And count down along with the kids - it totally helps!)

I also feel your pain about mandated cafeteria duty - bleh.

But take some small comfort that at least you are being paid a decent wage to be a glorified babysitter - I have to cram in all the stuff we missed during snow-day-week and get paid diddly-squat (which everyone knows is JUST enough to NOT be able to afford yarn...sigh)

I am going to try to get back to a knitting nite at Yarn Haven soon- probably not this week as I have to meet with my prof about my Thesis on Wed. ahem.

- Susan B

Monday, May 7, 2007 at 11:29:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have decided to not spend any money on yarn until July 1. (Loopy Ewe and fiber don't count, lol)

What's that? My yarn diet isn't much of a diet? Hey, it works for me. :)

Tuesday, May 8, 2007 at 10:36:00 AM EDT  
Blogger sarah lou said...

in honor of your spending spree, i just made another purchase at the loopy ewe. ;) *hugs* i'll let you know as soon as i know what is a good time for the next knitting date. maybe saturday morning, again?

Tuesday, May 8, 2007 at 11:53:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home