Sunday, May 13, 2007

My Mother's Day

Here they are, the two incredible beings that make me a mom. They share the same parents and couldn't be more different than night and day.

Exhibit A: Absent Minded Professor. Born 15 weeks premature almost 11 years ago, weighing in at a whopping one pound, 12 oz. He was in a rush to get here, and has been in a rush for everything ever since. Moves at hyper-speed. This photo caught him today in a 30-second stop to check for a fossil on the beach. He and I find many there.


Exhibit B: The Mistress of Mayhem. Born on April Fools' Day, after 34 hours of labor. Stubborn and determined. Funny. Bossy. This photo caught her after being told 3 times, "Do NOT go in the water." She's been asking since the ice thawed to go swimming. At least she took her shoes and socks off.

The conversation today...

Mayhem: Have I ever been to a Flea Market?
Absent Minded Professor: Of course you have, banana. Where do you think we got you?!
Mayhem: Well you have the attention span of a flea!

This is what I planned to be doing:

Instead, I was watching the sky, daydreaming, wishing I was with those folks up there...

Motherhood ain't for wimps!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

That looks like the perfect day. :)

Sunday, May 13, 2007 at 10:29:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like great fun!!

Monday, May 14, 2007 at 8:41:00 AM EDT  
Blogger g-girl said...

love the flea market conversation! what is that you are working on? nicey springy colors! :)

Monday, May 14, 2007 at 3:24:00 PM EDT  
Blogger sarah lou said...

yay for outdoor knitting two days in a row. :) happy day after mother's day to you! i haven't purchased yarn in three days!! although, i hear there are three packages at home waiting for me!!

Monday, May 14, 2007 at 4:04:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Karen said...

For those of you wondering, that's EZ's Baby Surprise Jacket I'm working on. (No, not for me. My best friend's litle sister is expecting.)

Monday, May 14, 2007 at 4:24:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely! Happy belated Mother's Day!

Monday, May 14, 2007 at 10:45:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home