Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Just a Suggestion

A couple of days ago, I was reading the blog over at Cider Moon. Jacki was showing off some newly dyed yarns, (Yum!) and said that one had yet to be named. I just happened to comment that maybe a little contest should be held to name that yet-to-be-named yarn. Well, lo and behold, a Name This Yarn contest was born! Many, many coments were left with name ideas. The winner will be announced sometime today and will receive a skein of that lovely yarn as the prize. Even if *I* don't win, it was so much fun! (But pick me, Jacki & Gail!)

All of my other knitting has been set aside for the Log Cabin right now. I've been working on it the most, even at work, while it is still small enough to be portable. I think it will go with me to S n' B tonight at Yarn Haven. That, and the Baby Surprise Jacket. Two projects are enough to take along. I'm going to try to not buy yarn, but may buy a pattern or two, or a book.

How many days of school now? 13. Not that I'm counting. Every day this week has me busy running to the elementary schools to talk to the 6th graders about coming to junior high. It needs to be done; those little guys need reassurance about coming to my great big building. But I also need to be in my office finishing things up.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger sarah lou said...

woohoo! yay knitting with karen. :o) i need my weekly fix! can't wait to see both of your expected WIPs. i'm going to maybe start a new sock, though i should do the #2 zoey sock.

Tuesday, May 22, 2007 at 4:41:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Beth said...

No no no! They need to pick me!!! But I only put in 2 names. What did you do? 8? 10? LOL It's really pretty though...

Tuesday, May 22, 2007 at 5:03:00 PM EDT  
Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

When I saw that they picked up your suggestion and ran with it, I was like, "Whoot! Way to go Karen!"

Tuesday, May 22, 2007 at 5:49:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The yarn naming contest was awesome - the next time we have a brain fart and are just staring blankly at a new skein of yarn, we're doing it again! :)

Tuesday, May 22, 2007 at 11:20:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home