Saturday, May 26, 2007

What Day Is It?

Oh, by my clock it's Saturday morning. Insomnia strikes again. I even have meds for just such an occasion. Just yesterday my doc gave me samples of something new to try. "I take these when my kid has traveling soccer and I have to stay in hotel rooms," he said, "I don't hear a thing." I suppose I have to take it for it to work!

Thank goodness it's a long, holiday weekend and I do not have to get up for anything tomorrow. Mayhem and Absent Minded Professor know that on Saturdays they can have their cereal in front of the TV and cartoons if they do it quietly. My bedroom is on the first floor, in close proximity to the the kitchen and family room, so they can't get away with much mischief. The Big Labs will make sure anything that might try to be spilled won't even touch the floor. Good dogs. Because of the holiday weekend, the kids' karate school is closed and I don't even have to schlep them over there for class with their dad.

My school was hot and stinky this week. Temps met or broke records twice, and when it's hot outside, it's even hotter inside. Seventh graders have to be reminded to wear deodorant. When it's 91 outside, imagine what it's like in a 4-story school building. Who gets air conditioning? The principal. The library. The computer labs. We also made the news this week. Not for the temps in the building, but for kids wearing gang colors. That's notoriety we really don't want.

I have been knitting and tomorrow I will post a Log Cabin update and a Baby Surprise Jacket update! How exciting. Plus, I think my latest Loopy Ewe loot will be arriving.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger becky c. said...

I'm sure you've tried everything, but have you tried Melatonin? I use it for my non-sleeping ADHD patients. It's very safe and it works. Not sleeping can really suck!

Saturday, May 26, 2007 at 7:37:00 AM EDT  
Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

Poor, dear Karen :o(

Sounds like a break from school came none too soon. Hugs from a cool and rainy Chicago.

Saturday, May 26, 2007 at 8:39:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I could gather all insomniacs and put them to work over here ;) Seriously though, I know there is nothing worse...do you at least use the time to knit?

Saturday, May 26, 2007 at 9:15:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Wendee said...

I hope you were able to get some sleep. I agree with Becky C. - Melatonin works wonders. I used to drink Melatonin tea when I had trouble sleeping.

Wow - it's hot over in your neck of the woods. We broke a rockin' 73 over here in Seattle. Warm for us this time of year. May rain at any time.

Have a great long weekend!

Saturday, May 26, 2007 at 12:19:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Kel said...

Your log cabin looks great so far, can't wait to see more.

I've been fighting insomnia lately too... it's bites!

Happy long weekend!

Saturday, May 26, 2007 at 2:41:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home