Thursday, May 31, 2007

Almost Made to Order

Have you ever seen hand-painted sock blockers? Go to Leggy Creations and check out some of the designs Becky has done on sock blockers.

I recently commented to Becky that I love old fashioned flowers including Lily of the Valley (my favorite flower) and she created these: Lavender and Lilly sock blockers. Then Becky was kind enough to let me know before listing them for sale that she had made them. Yes, they are a splurge. Know what? I deserve a treat right now. And I can use them as wall art, too, when they aren't being used for socks.

More importantly, they made me smile when I saw them.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, you do deserve a treat!

Thursday, May 31, 2007 at 4:29:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Wendee said...

Those are super cool! Wish list ideas for my hubby...

Way to treat yourself! It's important, me thinks :)

Thursday, May 31, 2007 at 4:41:00 PM EDT  
Blogger sarah lou said...

*happy sigh* how sweet. this makes ME smile. and tear up, but that might be this week's hormones... :P regardless... a perfect self-worthy treat.

Thursday, May 31, 2007 at 4:56:00 PM EDT  
Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

You're darn right to treat yourself - especially if it puts a smile on your face!

Thursday, May 31, 2007 at 5:20:00 PM EDT  
Blogger becky c. said...

As your faithful co-enabler, I must remind you that any knitblogger worth her salt has to have sock blockers! How else to display your lovely handknit socks to the admiring public?

P.S. A quick scan of my immediate environment fails to reveal any scok blockers. Save me from my un-salt-worthiness and send some enabling back my way ASAP.

Thursday, May 31, 2007 at 8:04:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Karen said...

Becky, dear, your wish is my command! Check your email.

Thursday, May 31, 2007 at 8:15:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I saw those too on Becky's site! They are gorgeous - nice splurge!

Saturday, June 2, 2007 at 1:08:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home