Wednesday, June 06, 2007

3-2-1- Cast Off!!

Last night I finished Banana Cabana sock #1. (It was a very productive night at Yarn Haven with my knitting bunch.) Really, though, this sock is the garter rib pattern sock from Sensational Knitted Socks by Charlene Schurch. I have just renamed my sock after the wonderful colorway I'm using from Cider Moon. Before trying to get some sleep, I made sure I cast on and got started on the ribbing for sock #1's mate.

Mayhem and Absent Minded Professor both ooohed and aaaahed over the sock. I think on the bus ride to Washington I will be starting a pair for Mayhem. I have some Cider Moon GoGo in my stash for her. A plain ribbed pair should go quickly.

Here's Banana Cabana sock #1 for your viewing pleasure.



While we're on the subject of socks, please go welcome a couple of new sock knitters to cult, I mean club! Johari just completed her first sock and Mark is so close he can almost taste the success! The process has not come easy to Mark and he has blogged about it quite a bit. Maybe some cheerleaders will help.

A week from tonight I'll be making sure I have everything packed for the trip to Washington. I have to decide on a couple of small knitting projects to take on the bus. I know the Baby Surprise Jacket is going. The baby shower is in 5 weeks. I know I'm taking one pair of socks to work on for sure, maybe two. The question is, which socks? which yarn?

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

Clever cover shot there! You know I like those socks. One day, I'll knit up Banana Cabana. I can only hope they'll be as nice as yours :o)

Thursday, June 7, 2007 at 2:12:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look at those beautiful Banana Cabanas! Love them! Can't wait to see them in person!
And I'm already imagining the Go-Go yarn in sock form. Fun! :o)

Thursday, June 7, 2007 at 7:28:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and thanks for all the sock-making encouragement!!!!!

:o)

Thursday, June 7, 2007 at 7:30:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Beth said...

I need to stop starting new stuff and finish a few old things - like the Campfire sock I've got going in CM Glacier... My BSJ 2 is "this close" to being done though.

Thursday, June 7, 2007 at 7:52:00 AM EDT  
Blogger sarah lou said...

hehehe finished harvey #1, yesterday at lunch. started harvey #2 by the time i left work, but then cranked out a baby sock in a last ditch effot to actually finish 5 pairs before i buy more sock yarn on saturday. ha! can't wait to finish its mate and then do harvey #2 and then get back to the victorian lace ones!

Thursday, June 7, 2007 at 8:44:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Karen said...

Sarah! Harvey #1 and a baby sock make a pair! E did NOT say they have to be a matching pair. He just said 5 pairs! ;-)

Thursday, June 7, 2007 at 8:49:00 AM EDT  
Blogger becky c. said...

That is a good looking sock!

Any chance that you'll see any yarn stores on your trip?

Thursday, June 7, 2007 at 9:40:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Kristin said...

two socks atleast... that busride is LONG (granted its been 8 years since i've done it myself (HOLY HIPPOS 8 YEARS?!?!?!) but i did it for my 8th grade trip... two pairs atleast to keep you attention... think you've got trips there AND back... not to mention for the sanity in the hotel room :)

the sock looks AWESOME!! i love the bright yellow...

As for the bus ride one more tip... DONT TAKE 85 KIDS TO A TRUCKERS STATION FOR BREAKFAST... food poisoning and bus rides are not fun (I know from experience on that trip)

Good Luck with the next sock!

Thursday, June 7, 2007 at 10:36:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oohh.. I dig that yellow!

Thursday, June 7, 2007 at 12:52:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home