Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Welcome home! Have a nice trip!

Since I arrived home from my trip, Mayhem left for Girl Scout camp, and arrived back home today safely. I took her to lunch and she talked non-stop about how much fun she had. My worries were totally unfounded; she did fine, this child of mine who had never been away from home overnight without me. Once we were home, she hit the couch for a three hour nap. Methinks she and her little friends did not do much sleeping, but like her mama, did much giggling!

Absent Minded Professor left this morning with his two cousins to spend four days with Oma and Opa at their house two hours away. My parents are in their mid-seventies, and I know that the time will come soon that the boys won't be able to go stay with them; they won't want to, or Mom and Dad just won't be able to do it anymore. Still, I can't help but be a little worried for Oma and Opa with the boys ages almost-11, 8, and 5.

Until Sunday, it's just Mayhem and me. I hope to get her knitting. Wish me luck with that! She can crochet a bit, and weaves potholders on the little loom we all had growing up with the fabric loops. We have to plan some other diversions as well, because, if I don't, well... she didn't get the nickname "Mayhem" for no reason!

Want to see my favorite photo from the Washington trip?

Back to knitting next time, I promise!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

Welcome home, Mayhem! Bon voyage, Absent-Minded Professor! Summer must truly have arrived if the kids are heading off hither and yon.

Wednesday, June 20, 2007 at 9:50:00 PM EDT  
Blogger becky c. said...

Good luck with your knitting lesson. I tried to teach my girls with mixed results but I have high hopes they'll return to it when they are a little older.

Wednesday, June 20, 2007 at 10:13:00 PM EDT  
Blogger sarah lou said...

good luck with that! i got some starter needles and passed off some bright and thick yarn to my nephew over the weekend. he's five, but has expressed much interest in knitting like aunt sarah. apparently, the next day he went up to my mom, though, and said - - ok, can you teach me to knit socks, now? bwwwaaaahahaha!

happy rest of your week. i'm sure you two will have mucho fun. :)

Wednesday, June 20, 2007 at 10:54:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad everything went well for you and your daughter too!

Thursday, June 21, 2007 at 12:03:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home