Friday, June 22, 2007

Comment Catch Up

I was asked questions in the comments about a few things, so I thought I would use this time to catch up.

Melissa asked about the progress on my Banana Cabana socks. Last night was an insomnia night, and I worked on them for a while. Here's how they look as of today, Melissa! Get yourself some Cider Moon yarn, girl!

Vera is keeping track of some of the bloggers for Summer of Socks and asked where I was starting, since I posted a pic of patterns and yarn. I'm starting with Thuja, a pattern from Knitty. Here's a photo of my start, along with my Log Cabin in progress. Sock is knit with Artyarns Supermerino in an almost-solid teal color. Size 4 needles.



Beth was thoughtful enough to ask me about the BSJ in progress. I am 50 rows into the jacket so far. Not quite halfway?? Why am I having to think so much on what everyone says is so simple?? I will have to sit down and really concentrate.

Mayhem and I went to the zoo today after spending the morning swimming. Our zoo has THREE baby polar bears! Only four were born in all of North America last year. Seeing the kids pressed to the glass was nearly as much fun as watching the bear.

While at the zoo, I was amazed at my luck. I happened to capture, on camera, the very rare Mayhemfly! Check it out! A truly amazing specimen indeed.


I am truly enjoying summer! I also brainstormed with Becky about what to do with this:

That's the silk and cashmere yarn that Buddy B chose for me last summer in Scotland. (In Di Gilpin's shop, no less!) I think we have a plan. You have to wait for it, though. There are still a few details to double check and work out. I can tell you that it's NOT socks!

See, B? I told you I would knit with it when I found the right way to use it. ;-)

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um Karen-if you can't find something to make with that yarn, well I could take it off your hands. Just trying to keep you focused on your summer of socks, I don't want any yarn to feel neglected you see. ;-)

Friday, June 22, 2007 at 10:58:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Beth said...

I sent you an email. Let me know - it'll take all the thinking out of it for you. :)

Saturday, June 23, 2007 at 12:33:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You dont even want to hear what happened when we went to see the polar bears. Know how they have it roped off? They decided to not let anyone use the b-room and here I am with 2 three year olds. Needless to say there was a telling off of a zoo employee!! Glad you had fun!!

Saturday, June 23, 2007 at 1:27:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you had fun! That yarn is gorgeous!

Saturday, June 23, 2007 at 2:00:00 AM EDT  
Blogger becky c. said...

I know the scret! Ha ha!

Saturday, June 23, 2007 at 10:55:00 AM EDT  
Blogger sarah lou said...

thuja was an awesome pattern. i'll certainly be doing more of those!! and the mayhemfly is too cute! :)

happy weekend, woman-whose-summer-is-one-long-weekend!!! :P

Saturday, June 23, 2007 at 12:05:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, that mulberry silk? Would you mind if I just got naked and rolled around in it for a while? :) The BC socks are looking great, and the Thuja pattern goes really quick - I used that pattern to make my first official non-stockinette pair of socks ever. Yay Thuja! :)

Saturday, June 23, 2007 at 12:23:00 PM EDT  
Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

That silk and cashmere are gorgeous, almost as beautiful as the rare Mayhemfly! She looks an awful lot like her mom :o)

btw, I second the Cider Moon endorsement most hardily!

Saturday, June 23, 2007 at 5:20:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Melissa said...

Hurray for your summer off! I loved summers off... when I was working. ;) lol.

The Banana socks look great!! Thanks for the progress shot! I love the subtle green stripe. Too cool. Yeah, I do need some Cider Moon. ::sigh:: I am waiting (patiently) for Loopy to post more...

Saturday, June 23, 2007 at 10:19:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home