Monday, June 25, 2007

Houston, We Have Bananas

This is Banana Cabana sock number 2 this past Saturday night, while the kids and I had a campfire in the backyard. It has a heel and is partway thru the gussett, nearing the foot.


*Insert trumpet fanfare*

Banana Cabana socks TODAY! A finished pair.


Yarn: Cider Moon, Glacier weight. Color: Banana Cabana. Needles: US Size 3. Pattern: Garter Rib from Charlene Schurch's Sensational Knitted Socks.

These won't count for Summer of Socks, but they do count for the Sensational Knitted Socks KAL. And I'm always happy to have another FO! It's been ages, it seems.

Tonight Sarah and I went knitting at Vintage Yarns, another LYS. I cast on for another sock; The Victorian Lace Sock. Once again, I'm using Cider Moon. This time it's Blizzard, in the Morning Sky colorway. The owner there loved my Cider Moon yarns and may be contacting Jacki and Gail. She likes having things other shops don't!

For those of you wondering, I mostly behaved myself.

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Kristin said...

YAY for finishing your socks!!

Good luck with the Victorian Lace... I'm having severe second sock syndrom from these socks... but i really wanna finish them... lol doesn't make sense to me :) good luck with them!

Tuesday, June 26, 2007 at 9:00:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the finished socks. They're very cute.

Tuesday, June 26, 2007 at 2:29:00 PM EDT  
Blogger becky c. said...

Can only expect mostly good when you're 44% pure! Yay, done socks!

Tuesday, June 26, 2007 at 3:21:00 PM EDT  
Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

Yes, we have banana cabanas! I took my Cider Moon to my LYS and the owner had the same reaction. The feel it and see it is to love it, no?

Tuesday, June 26, 2007 at 4:21:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You did not behave. Don't lie. ;)

Tuesday, June 26, 2007 at 5:59:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are adorable!!

Tuesday, June 26, 2007 at 10:23:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Karen said...

In that one shot they are positively fluorescent. Love that color.
Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. It's good to meet you.

Tuesday, June 26, 2007 at 11:32:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Banana socks are fantastic!

Wednesday, June 27, 2007 at 6:19:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Beth said...

Those look absolutely great!

I'm sure my LYS wouldn't go ga-ga over CM. They barely knit themselves and are hung up on Rowan and Debbie Bliss. :(

Wednesday, June 27, 2007 at 6:59:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray for finished Banana Cabanas!

Thursday, June 28, 2007 at 7:45:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Sourire11 said...

Beautiful socks!

Gotta love Cider Moon!

Thursday, June 28, 2007 at 9:05:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home