Sunday, July 01, 2007

On The Road Again

Thelma and Louise, er, Karen and Sarah Lou trekked to Lansing, MI to visit the reknowned Threadbear Fiber Arts store. The best way to describe it is to picture a store about the size of your local Michael's, filled just with yarn and knitting/crocheting supplies. Top to bottom. Front to back. I think I'm still a bit high from the wool fumes.

See some of the group? Sarah Lou, Knitter Bunny Kelli, Sarah Peasley (one of her patterns was on display in the shop... Dude!) and in the front right, Nia. The green shirts in the background are Renee (ponytail) and her mom. Kelli wanted to know immediately where my pasties were!


Sarah and Kelli are comparing bags. Hmmm, Namaste (Karen's bag) vs. Lexie Barnes?


Normally, I'm not a fan of orange. This yarn spoke to me. Once I had it in my hand, and read the name of the colorway, I knew it had to come home with me. Look at the closeup...


Yes, you are reading that correctly!

It's "Mayhem"!

I finished sock one of my Thuja pair today. That makes 1/2 of a pair done for Summer of Socks!

I bought more yarn than that Mayhem, friends. Colinette, Opal, Trekking XXL... All sock yarn!

Leaving Threadbear, Sarah and I went to Melting Moments in E. Lansing, right across the street from the Michigan State University campus. We needed a little something to tide us over for the drive home. People's Choice (vanilla ice cream with peanuts, caramel and chocolate covered pretzels) in a waffle cone was just the thing! Once we hit T-Town, we decided dinner was in order and stopped for some delicious sushi.

Another successful, fiber road trip is added to the log book. Threadbear was great.

I do have to say one thing, though. Dudes, your store is great, your website is beautiful Now, BUY A SIGN! A store like Threadbear should be visible!

Labels: , ,

16 Comments:

Blogger sarah lou said...

mmmmm yarn...
mmmmm ice cream...
mmmmm sushi...

thanks for another fabulously fun and fiber-filled day, friend! :D

Sunday, July 1, 2007 at 11:13:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Vera said...

Sounds like great fin. I'd love to take a pilgrimage to Threadbear some day.

Monday, July 2, 2007 at 6:02:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Beth said...

The first time I went to Threadbear, I drove right past two or three times certain it had to be there somewhere... The sign would be a huge improvement.

Monday, July 2, 2007 at 7:50:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, they definitely need a sign! All of the yarns you purchased were just awesome and yummy!

Monday, July 2, 2007 at 8:26:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you go to Wasabi? My daughter works there!!

Monday, July 2, 2007 at 9:31:00 AM EDT  
Blogger becky c. said...

Yay, a done sock!!

Your day sounds great (until the sushi - shudder) Glad you chicas had some fun!

Monday, July 2, 2007 at 11:22:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Chris said...

Oh, that is an excellent yarn name! Hopefully it doesn't chew itself up...

Monday, July 2, 2007 at 11:44:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please tell me you're going to get Mayhem socks knit in time for Halloween. You have to, that color will be perfect! :)

Monday, July 2, 2007 at 2:08:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I still didn't get to see the pasties. lol

My vote? Namaste. Now to figure out how to earn enough to buy one. lol

Monday, July 2, 2007 at 3:20:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh MAN! Very jealous...looks like you guys had so much fun! What a coooooool shop!

Monday, July 2, 2007 at 7:55:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Kel said...

Yay for ThreadBear! We didn't roll back into town until like 5:30 or so but I'm glad you finally got to see our hang out and enjoy it! :o)

Monday, July 2, 2007 at 8:58:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Melissa said...

Ohh! That looks like so much fun! ::tear:: I'm all lonely out here in the east. :( Love the yarns!

Monday, July 2, 2007 at 8:58:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds just wonderful!

Tuesday, July 3, 2007 at 3:40:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Nia said...

It was very nice to meet you.
I had a marvelous time and that store is awesome except for the lack of bathroom.

Tuesday, July 3, 2007 at 8:53:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Karida said...

I'm so jealous! I wish I could drive to Threadbear. I always imagine myself doing a crazy yarn shop cross-country trip. And then I remember that I hate driving.

Tuesday, July 3, 2007 at 1:40:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could you please take a freezer with you next time and bring me back some yummy ice cream?

Sounds like tons of fun!!!!

Friday, July 6, 2007 at 5:52:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home