Thursday, June 28, 2007

Pull Up a Lily Pad

Join me in the frog pond. You won't croak. I didn't.

Yesterday I frogged not one, not two, but THREE WIP's. It wasn't nearly as painful as I thought it would be. I've become accustomed to the idea that my knitting doesn't have to be perfect, but I do have to be happy with the end result. If I'm giving it away, then I really do have to frog it and fix it.

First, the Baby Suprise Jacket. I was at the halfway point, and things just weren't working out. Beth and I shared some emails and she sent some tips to me. After looking everything over, I decided the best thing to do was to start over. *Ripit. Ripit.* My BSJ now looks like this:


I have plans to put myself on a strict knitting schedule to complete the jacket in a week to 10 days. It WILL be done before the July 15 baby shower for K2's sister.


Next, I frogged my Victorian Lace Sock. I was only just beginning the lace, on size 1 needles, the smallest I've ever used. Somewhere my stitch count was off. Back to the beginning I went! These socks will be gorgeous when complete. I need to concentrate to get going on them. Concentrate = no kids. (They leave Friday for 5 days with their dad.) *ripit* Notice it was just a little croak?

Thirdly, my secret Scotland silk and cashmere project got frogged back to the setup rows. Not a big deal. I was able to re-do all of the knitting last night. It looks even better with the corrections in it! Sorry, kids, no photos yet. Soon. Buddy B reads the blog. And he's not allowed to see it yet!

All is not gloomy, though. On Sunday, partner-in-crime Sarah Lou and I are going to Lansing to ThreadBear Fiber Arts! We'll meet up with Knitter Bunny Kelli and some other Michigan knitters there. I met Kelli and Sarah Lou both on April 1 in Ann Arbor when we gathered to hear The Yarn Harlot, Stephanie Pearl-McPhee speak. Anyway, I'm sure some mischief and fiber madness will ensue.

Thuja sock #1 is almost done. Yay!

Labels: , , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

Sorry about the rippage - sometimes it is for the best.

One more tip: those last few rows are really long, so allow plenty of time for them.

Thursday, June 28, 2007 at 11:36:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sooooo, are you bringing your pasties? hee hee

Thursday, June 28, 2007 at 1:06:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what time will you be at threadbear? we will be coming back from our w/e getaway on sunday.

Thursday, June 28, 2007 at 1:58:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Sourire11 said...

sorry to hear of all the ripping! Sounds like you're back on the right track, though!

Thursday, June 28, 2007 at 2:29:00 PM EDT  
Blogger sarah lou said...

oooh ooh ooh! i invited renee to meet up with us, too. what time are we going??

Thursday, June 28, 2007 at 7:51:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Kel said...

Hi Karen!

We'll be heading back into town on Sunday so we might see you at TB if you're there... I just don't know what time we'll be getting back to town. :o)

Even if we don't get to see you, have FUN enjoying our little bit of heaven in Lansing! :o)

Thursday, June 28, 2007 at 8:43:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wah! I want to go! (Throws stompy hissy fit) :) Have fun, you crazy kids!

Friday, June 29, 2007 at 9:47:00 PM EDT  
Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

My condolences for the spate of necessary tinking, Karen. Hope all will be soothed by a trip to the fiber farm in MI!

Sunday, July 1, 2007 at 10:00:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home