Friday, July 20, 2007

Not Buyin' It

All month long, since my trip to ThreadBear on July 1, I swore I wasn't going to buy yarn. I haven't. Really. Even this last big sneak up at The Loopy Ewe didn't make me cave! So what you see below, is not a new purchase. Honest. Those were ordered in June when Sarah and I put our names on the waiting list to buy them. They just got here this week. What the hell am I talking about? The Dream In Color Yarn and Tulip Baby Sweater Pattern, that's what!


OK, yes, I bought two of them. But people keep having babies. I will have the pattern afterward to use with other yarn also, if I so desire. Notice they are still in the package?

Instead of starting something new, I'm working diligently on my current WIP's. Thuja sock 2 is nearing completion, as you can see from the photos below.



Last night I even pulled out the Log Cabin afghan and knitted another log. I have cast on for another pair of socks, which I will tell you about later.

Next time I write I will tell you about the hilarious encounter with a muggle (non knitter) male that Sarah, Johari and I had Wednesday evening while having coffee and knitting. Some men are so full of shit.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

I admire your self-restraint. I have a few too many things OTN for my liking, and yet I seem to keep casting on for more . . .

Friday, July 20, 2007 at 1:10:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Vera said...

Tulip is a great pattern. I'm on my second one.

Friday, July 20, 2007 at 1:39:00 PM EDT  
Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

Like Liz, I also admire your restraint. I'm trying to be true to my two WIPs and ignore the baby knitting urge.

Can't wait to hear the muggle tale!

Friday, July 20, 2007 at 2:10:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Melissa said...

I need one of those kits for my Matthew... Otherwise he might be the only one with out it. That would be a travisty.

Friday, July 20, 2007 at 2:26:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Beth said...

I love the colors in those Tulip sweaters!

Friday, July 20, 2007 at 2:31:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Did I meet Johari? It was great to meet you and Sarah at YH last Tuesday! I'm looking forward to next week and I promise to be more relaxed about my KIPing. ;-) The yarn for the Tulip sweaters is just gorgeous. I can't wait to see them in progress.

Friday, July 20, 2007 at 3:15:00 PM EDT  
Blogger becky c. said...

AAAAAAHHH! I love that Tulip sweater!!!! Can't believe you got a kit. I have Tulip envy.

Friday, July 20, 2007 at 3:36:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, way to sneak in more yarn!

Friday, July 20, 2007 at 9:23:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home