Monday, July 16, 2007

Bye-Bye, BSJ

I thought about calling this post "Weekend Highlights," but there's no way I can publicly post all that went on while K2 and I were together this weekend. Sorry. There are just some things the world may NOT know!

The beautiful, radiant, gorgeously pregnant E loved the Baby Surprise Jacket. Here she is just after unwrapping it at her shower. It earned major "awwwwwwwwww!" from the ladies!

I was really surprised, though, because there were about 40 women in attendance at this shower and my gift and one other were the only two handmade gifts given. With the number of crafters I know, especially those that knit and crochet, it just struck me as odd that more people didn't create a more personal gift. Does it seem odd to you, or am I the odd duck for having made my gift? Gift registries, while coming in handy, just seem like grocery shopping lists to me.

My car hit a milestone on the way home. Two, actually. I had my camera ready, on the Ohio Turnpike to mark the occasion. Best gas mileage ever (actually 27.2 mpg just before the photo was taken) AND we hit 15,000 miles yesterday. I love my car! I drive a 2006 Ford Freestyle which I bought at the end of 2005. It's considered a "crossover," not an SUV, not a minivan.


Eeek! Don't look at where I had my cruise control set!

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speed demon! :)

Monday, July 16, 2007 at 8:44:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Beth said...

Lead foot? er.. Lead cruise control? :)

I think fewer people give handmade shower gifts just because of the basic time crunch in today's society. I don't usually give them - only to really special people.

Monday, July 16, 2007 at 10:44:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Diane said...

I'll usually make something for a new baby. If it's a close friend I'll also include a gift card so that the new parents can have a little fun picking up a couple things.

Tuesday, July 17, 2007 at 12:11:00 AM EDT  
Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

She looks so very happy! And it's OK. What happens with K2 stays with K2 ;-)

Tuesday, July 17, 2007 at 9:04:00 AM EDT  
Blogger becky c. said...

Awwww! That is a radiant momma-to-be. I ALWAYS make handknits for new babies, on my planet it is mandatory.

Tuesday, July 17, 2007 at 9:29:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Sourire11 said...

Sounds like a great weekend! And adorabel baby sweater!

I may have seen you on the Ohio Turnpike - I was travelling all over it on Sat...

Tuesday, July 17, 2007 at 1:00:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The last baby shower gift I gave was a hand knit baby sweater and hat but then I felt like I was shortchanging her, so I put in a gift certificate too. What is it about not valuing the handknits enough?

Tuesday, July 17, 2007 at 4:26:00 PM EDT  
Blogger sarah lou said...

i wish i knew how to spell endelay (that word speedy gonzales used to use so much)...

hehehe it was so darn cute with those buttons... and you are going to LOVE the simplicity of these tulip sweaters after all the work you put into that thing! it's cute, but so are these! and easy! and we can all start collectin different colors of dream in color and share to make more, now that we have the pattern!

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 at 3:41:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home