Thursday, July 26, 2007

Storage Solutions and Other Stuff

First of all, thanks for the birthday wishes for my Absent Minded Professor yesterday. He is enjoying his Nintendo DS which he thought he wouldn't get. It was the only thing he asked for, though.

Not knitting is making me a bit crazy. I have spent my self-imposed rest time thinking about knitting, looking at knitting online, and managing my stash here at home. Saturday I have plans to knit with friends and I WILL knit on the plane on the way to Arizona on Tuesday.

Just because I'm not knitting doesn't mean I don't have anything to share with you. You should know better than that by now! First up, I've been meaning to find a way to showcase my "collection" of Claudia Handpainted yarns. An large, leftover, plastic pretzel jar from a bulk warehouse store is just the thing! (Chocolate dog nose not included.)


While at Michael's one day, I found this for less than $4. I fell in love with the container. Vacation in Italy...Pisa, Firenze, Campania... What's in this? Wine?

Can you guess what's inside?

Tuck this in a corner, on a shelf, somplace out of the way. You can still get to your needles, but they aren't scattered around, and there's an attractive canister decorating a little spot somewhere. Go ahead, steal the idea. You know you wanna.

Threadless has lured me once again to their site and I purchased another shirt. This one is sooooooo me. Introducing "Insomnia." Funny thing is, I gave up counting sheep years ago.

I have a couple of gifties to report. (Yay!) Gifties from Fiber Friends are the best!

Knit 1 Magazine and sweater pattern are from Johari. Somehow she ended up with an extra magazine and the pattern calls for using linen. It's not a tough pattern, so maybe next spring I will make it. The yellow/orange homespun in the photo is homespun yarn dyed with onion skins. Last week Sarah Lou was out of town watching her nephews and she took them to Hale Farm, a living history experience. This yarn was spun and dyed there. Thanks, girlfriends! You rock!

Next time I'll tell you what I'm taking to knit on the plane - patterns and yarn. And for the record, Vintage Lace Socks have kicked my butt for the second time. They are going in the "on hold" pile.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to blog about cool knitterly stuff even when you can't knit!

Thursday, July 26, 2007 at 5:59:00 PM EDT  
Blogger becky c. said...

Love that jar o' yarn! Have a fab trip - I'll miss you!

Thursday, July 26, 2007 at 7:30:00 PM EDT  
Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

"Chocolate dog nose not included." Cute. Love your needle container too. Bon voyage, Karen!

Friday, July 27, 2007 at 11:33:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Sourire11 said...

Happy birthday to your guy!

That seriously sucks about your wrist. Really sucks. I hope it's feeling better soon!

Friday, July 27, 2007 at 2:52:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home