Friday, August 10, 2007

What a Trip!

I'd love to show you photos of my trip to Arizona, but for now, my computer is not cooperating with my camera. Hopefully the issue will be resolved soon. In the meantime, I am doing laundry, catching up on mail, making my kids happy and sorting out all the stuff that needs to be done after being away from home for 8 days and my kids being with their dad.

The trip was amazing... from Phoenix, to Sedona, to The Grand Canyon (complete with bull elk in the road blocking traffic!), south to Tucson and the Sonoran Desert with the amazing saguaro cactus. I loved, loved, loved driving through the mountains! I am someone who enjoys driving, and T-town is flat. Like a pancake. Having mountain highways to drive was so much fun!

Sedona has to be one of the most beautiful places on earth, and I was particularly taken with this place while there for the day: Chapel of The Holy Cross. Not only are the views spectacular from this chapel, the simplicity of the chapel itself lends a peace and tranquility to one visiting. It was designed by a student of Frank Lloyd Wright, who had a winter home just outside of Phoenix. Taliesin West, now open for tours, and also still a design school, was another place I visited and loved.

Knitting was scarce for me, partly because I was so busy during my trip, but also because I am still plagued by wrist pain, but in both wrists now. My Rx naprosyn twice a day has barely touched the pain, and rest has not helped improve the problem in a noticeable way. Next week I see the doctor. It is quite frustrating to not be able to knit for more than a few minutes at a time.

I did find knitting shops in Arizona, though, and especially loved this one: Jessica Knits. I was able to find the Colinette Jitterbug - Toscana that I have been hunting everywhere for while there. Whenever I find Jitterbug, the Toscana colorway is sold out. The shop was packed floor to ceiling with yarn, the sales help was was friendly, but not pushy. Jessica herself was at the cash register, on the phone, placing orders.

My friends had a great time with my Loopy postcard coming out for photo-ops. K2 said, "You can't explain Loopy. You have to experience Loopy!"

It is good to be back home with the people I love. You know who you are. I could definitely live without the humidity that is here, though!

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

Welcome home! I tend to resort to percussive maintenance when my computer doesn't cooperate. It doesn't help the computer, but I usually feel better.

Friday, August 10, 2007 at 11:19:00 PM EDT  
Blogger becky c. said...

I forgot how beautiful that chapel is! What will you knit with the Colinette?

Saturday, August 11, 2007 at 12:02:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great time! So sorry you're still in pain!

Saturday, August 11, 2007 at 9:50:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i was in tucson last march and absolutely loved it. the way the saguaro grow up from the mesquite trees and the way their arms are positioned made for great fun imagining what they were "saying."

Sunday, August 12, 2007 at 10:41:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Jeanne said...

My Dad had relatives in Tucson (still does but we've lost touch) and while his parents were alive, we visited every few years. I loved it. I still remember going to the Mission, and to the Old West movie set/town. My grandparents lived near the intersection of Glenn and Campbell, which I always thought was neat (Glen Campbell). I miss the mountains.

Hope your wrists get better soon. I'll miss YH Tuesday unless my sister postpones her trip a third time but I'll see you the following week. Welcome back!

Monday, August 13, 2007 at 1:22:00 AM EDT  
Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

Glad you're back, Karen. Sounds like a heck of a time in the southwest.

So sorry about your wrists. Let's hope the doctor can dig a little deeper for a cause and more effective treatment.

Monday, August 13, 2007 at 1:52:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Karen, I was hoping that Natural Relief 1222 would work for you. Dang!
We need Loopy on Tuesday.
Dale Ann

Monday, August 13, 2007 at 7:18:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home