Saturday, August 18, 2007

No Sudden Movements...

I am knitting... ever so slowly. I have progress shots of my Swirl Sock and my Log Cabin afghan to show you... if I can get them posted. Ever since I came back from vacation I am having a hell of a time getting pictures from my camera to my computer and then getting them up here. (I blame the kids and the Ex, who had free roam of my computer while I was gone.)

Once this pair of socks is finished, I think I will be taking a break from the little pointy toothpick needles known as sock needles and DPN's. As much as I love knitting socks, it wasn't until venturing downward to the small-diameter needles that I began having the wrist pain and finger numbness.

The Swirl Socks are at the point of starting the gussett. yay! I am in love with the Rainbow Trout yarn from Cider Moon. This is the glacier weight yarn. Remember, these are my first toe up socks ever! I just love them!


The Log Cabin currently measures 24" x 27" unblocked, and is growing. I am loving the colors and how it is coming together. The freshly started green strip on the right is now complete. Orange is next. The simplicity of this knit is rather soothing, and the yarn slides quickly across the Knit Picks Options needles I recently acquired. I splurged on some long cords specifically for this project.


Right now I think I need to start concentrating on finishing some things, regardless of how slowly I progress.

Oh! And in case you're wondering... Night one with the wrist splints went like this: went to sleep at 11:45, woke up at 2:00AM. Back to bed at 3:00AM. Up at 4:00. Back to bed at 4:15. Up at 5:33AM. Back to bed at 5:40. Up at 7:45AM. The GOOD news is that I did not have any numbness in my fingers until about an hour after I was up and moving around.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

So maybe the next day with the splints will be no pain until 2 hours after getting up... I'm probably being optimistic but it's worth a try. :)

Saturday, August 18, 2007 at 9:34:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The socks and blanket look great! I can see why you love the Rainbow Trout... It is SO beautiful!

Saturday, August 18, 2007 at 9:55:00 PM EDT  
Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

The trout are jumpin'! Once you get used to the splits, you'll find them indispensable. I wear one on my right on for cubitol tunnel syndrome (elbow) and it helps tremendously.

Sunday, August 19, 2007 at 9:29:00 AM EDT  
Blogger becky c. said...

Wouldn't it be funny if you got used to the splints and they cured your insomnia?

Sunday, August 19, 2007 at 9:52:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Diane said...

I love your log cabin afghan.

Hope those splints work out and you feel better soon.

Monday, August 20, 2007 at 11:53:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope the splints do work out! Great blanket and sock! I'm sorry that you'll have to stop knitting socks but hopefully it won't be forever.

Tuesday, August 21, 2007 at 11:07:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home