Saturday, September 01, 2007

Ya Gotta Kiss a Lotta Toads

I'm not a squeamish kind of mom. Today I was talking to Buddy B after lunch and Mayhem came running into the house. "I need a paper towel! There's a toad! I need to catch it!"

Paper towel??

Buddy B was laughing on the other end. "Just use your hands. That's what you would make me do," I told her.

"Good point," Mayhem replied, snatching a large amount of paper towels and dashing back outside with her bug jar. A few minutes later I was summoned to help.

"Better go help your kids," Buddy B told me. The kids and I had plans to head to Fossil Park to dig in the dirt and rocks anyway, so I said good-bye and hung up.

Mayhem with the toad in her bug jar



There's an old saying, maybe from a fairy tale, that says, "You have to kiss a lot of toads to find your handsome prince." I'm done kissing toads. I've found Prince Charming. While I'm not looking to get married again, a little happily ever after would suit me fine! Where did I find this wonderful love? Right under my nose. It's so much fun loving a best friend, and being loved in return. That's what I have been hinting at these past few days.


Mom shows how to catch a toad... and attempt photography.

I'll get you out of there soon, little dude!

For the past year and a half we have wanted to be together, but have not been able to, for many reasons. Now it looks like that all has changed and will *fingers crossed* work for us. Have you figured out who it is?

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Being happy rocks. :) Yay for mysterious person of joy and wonder!

Saturday, September 1, 2007 at 4:19:00 PM EDT  
Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

I'm happy for both you and this Mistress of Mayhem on finding something to make you smile so sweetly!

Saturday, September 1, 2007 at 6:26:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No I have not figured it out. Tell me. Damn it. ;)

Saturday, September 1, 2007 at 9:31:00 PM EDT  
Blogger KTMay said...

Oh, oh, pick me, I know, I know!!!

Sounds like things are working out just the way you wanted. Enjoy your happiness!!!

BTW...If your daughter is interested, I have two FREE African frogs I'd be happy to give her....they come with food, tank, beds, trees, etc. Small tank! TOTALLY FREE...did I mention they are FREE?

Sunday, September 2, 2007 at 11:26:00 AM EDT  
Blogger becky c. said...

My kids know better than to ask me for critter help - I AM a squeamish mom!!

Monday, September 3, 2007 at 7:42:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Beth said...

Congrats on the happiness and also on the possible future frogs in the family. :) Free is too good to pass up, right?

No, I don't want any frogs. Thanks anyway...

Tuesday, September 4, 2007 at 5:39:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! This really makes me happy for you. Now please tell me who it is!!!

Wednesday, September 5, 2007 at 12:04:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, Karen! I enjoyed sitting by you last night at Insanknitty -- visiting and gazing on your fantastic sweater. Thank you for the precious little sock pattern! I will use it a lot! Smiles!

Wednesday, September 5, 2007 at 10:38:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home