Monday, September 10, 2007

The Future

Eleanor Roosevelt once said, "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."

For several years now, those words have given me regular reminders to not give up on what I want for myself out of life. Those words hang in my office. Those words travel around a photo frame which sits on my desk, housing a photo of me with Buddy B at Annapolis. Those words have even been the "quote of the day" on the sidebar of this blog. It is that quote that has sustained me on many a dark day, when the life I wanted for myself seemed completely unattainable.

Thirteen words about not giving up on dreams; about having hope for the future. So small, and yet such a big deal, as Buddy B knows. He found a way for me to have my favorite quote with me all the time, and show his appreciation for all of my recent help all at the same time. We had seen these during our recent trip to Ann Arbor and he made a special drive back up to get one for me. The last one. It was presented to me Saturday night before we went out to see the show.

Jewelry by Kathy Bransfield, at Falling Water Books in Ann Arbor, MI. (Above photo snagged from their website.)

Photo frame with my favorite quote... and my best Buddy.

It didn't surprise me at all that on the day I showed up with a gift for him (the framed photos from Washington), he had a gift for me as well. We have always been on the same wavelength that way, and even have our own code for the phenomenon: TAA. Thinking Alike Again.

My necklace

The TAA thing happened at the furniture store this afternoon. We were looking for a couch for his apartment. Buddy B had been in the store yesterday and wanted to show me a couple of things. I wandered over to a certain couch and loveseat combo and pointed the set out to B. TAA. That was his top choice of the pieces he wanted to show me in that store. Of course.

Before stopping to see B I had a staff meeting this afternoon. Thank goodness for knitting! I would have been asleep if I didn't have Cobblestone to work on. I estimate that I am about 1/3 of the way finished with the body at this point. It's going faster now, and I really am enjoying the knit. Photos soon! After all, this is a knitting blog.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful gift! And sucha sweet man. I am so happy for you Karen!! :)

Tuesday, September 11, 2007 at 8:52:00 AM EDT  
Blogger becky c. said...

Love that necklace! Bring Cobblestone to knitting tonight, k?

Tuesday, September 11, 2007 at 9:14:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Diane said...

that is the coolest necklace.

Tuesday, September 11, 2007 at 1:34:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is too sweet! What a great gift!

Tuesday, September 11, 2007 at 8:24:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it when people actually put thought into their gift giving...that necklace is a beautiful gift!!

Friday, September 14, 2007 at 12:26:00 AM EDT  
Blogger KTMay said...

You seem so incredibly happy!!! Congrats! The necklace is just gorgeous, and realllllly neat too. Ok...can we talk frogs?

Friday, September 14, 2007 at 7:05:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home