Saturday, September 15, 2007

Cobblestone

I'm moving right along on Cobblestone. Last night I measured and I am over halfway finished knitting the body. It's 10.5 inches long now, and I need 17" before starting the sleeves. I take this sweater, literally, everywhere. It goes to school with me and I work on it while seeing students. Cobblestone goes with me while running errands. The sweater goes with me to Insanknitty on Tuesday nights at Yarn Haven. This morning, it even went out to breakfast with me and Buddy B, and I knitted while waiting for our omelets at the Monroe Street Diner. I'm not knitting fast because of the need to wear my wrist braces periodically during the day, but I am pleased with my progress. I'm hoping to have this sweater done in the next two weeks, but realistically, it will take longer. It's always good to have a goal, though, right?

Oh, yes! Pictures! I promised pictures, didn't I?

And what else is coming up? Last year for Christmas I made felted clutch purses. Tuesday night at Insanknitty I bought the pattern for Fiber Trends Felted Clogs. I see some of these showing up under the tree this year, at least for Mayhem and Absent-Minded Professor, and maybe for a couple of big people who need warm tootsies. Shall I make them in favorite team colors? Eeeewww... that might mean knitting with scarlet and grey for some people!

The weather here finally feels like fall, my favorite season of the year. The nights have been crisp and cool, and the days have warmed slowly, with clear blue skies. Some leaves are already starting to change, and I look forward to getting out with my camera. Tomorrow the kids and I will attend a local event called Fossil Fest and we will dig through dirt from a local quarry for fossils. Fossil Park is usually where we go dig for fossils, and the same quarry will supply the material we'll be digging through. Being a science geek (aka nerd), Absent Minded Professor is really looking forward to the event! My other science geek, retired science teacher Buddy B, will be joining us.

Mayhem and Absent Minded Professor are also excited because we are planning to adopt two African Frogs from The Other Karen and her teenage twin girls. The frogs will go to live at Dad's once the kids know how to take care of them. Hopefully they won't croak.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger becky c. said...

That sweater is lookin' good! Yay for knitting in restaurants. (and movies, and meetings, and sporting events)

Saturday, September 15, 2007 at 5:55:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, can the science geeks in my family come dig for fossils too? Cobblestone looks great! I'm glad your wrists are (somewhat) cooperating.

Saturday, September 15, 2007 at 7:43:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! Croak! I love it!

The sweater looks great! And fall is my favorite season too! :) How are things?

Saturday, September 15, 2007 at 8:58:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's looking great! Fall is my favorite time of year too!

Saturday, September 15, 2007 at 11:02:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweater looks GREAT!!!

Shall I bring the frogs and all their glory (ie food, sand, etc) to Insanknitty????

I love autumn soooooo much! These crisp nights make for awesome sleeping weather!

Sunday, September 16, 2007 at 5:34:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Beth said...

That's a great idea for holiday gifts - but don't overdo it with your wrists! (someone had to say it)

Monday, September 17, 2007 at 5:28:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home