Friday, September 21, 2007

Seeing Green

I'm seeing green. Really. Last night when I measured Buddy B's Cobblestone sweater, it was 15" in length. The body for the size I am making has to be 17" before putting some stitches on hold for the sleeves, and knitting the top of the sweater. I'm getting so close! There have been a few days when I haven't knit because my wrists ached again. A couple of other days I was insanely busy and didn't get time to knit more than one or two rows. Two or three days it was really too warm to have a pile of wool sitting in my lap! I'm not bored or tired of this project, at all. Honestly, I'm finding great joy in this knit. Maybe the recipient has something to do with that. Someday, the weather might be cool enough for him to wear it, too! It has been in the mid to upper 80's here, making for some very steamy days here in 8th grade land.

Speaking of joy, I came across this quote today. Mother Teresa said, "Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy." It made me think of the way my life is going right now and how I been able to help others, especially recently. I feel strongly that we end up where we are supposed to be in life, that we have a purpose and we're placed on certains paths for certain reasons. Just in the past few days someone thanked me for sharing my joy of life.

Next weekend, I have a baby shower to attend. My nephew and his wife are expecting their first baby. I'm going to be a great aunt... again! (My nieces and nephew already think I'm a great aunt.) Not having a lot of notice on the shower, I am not sure that I am going to get a gift knitted in time for the shower, nor do I think I will try. My wrists just won't let me take on a rush job right now. I do have the Tulip Baby Cardigan kit at home from Dream in Color yarns. Honestly, I don't know that I want to put other things aside to focus on a baby sweater for a week and maybe not even finish. Having written it out here, I think I've decided I'll knit it slowly and send the sweater to baby when she arrives in November. Yes, she.

Enjoy your weekend, everyone. My parents are in town to watch my nephews. Tomorrow I'm taking my kids to The Butterfly House to see the Monarchs released. The butterflies will begin their migration to Mexico. Sunday will be spent going to The Toledo Zoo with Oma and Opa and all the kids.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A thought on a quick knit baby gift. I've made a couple of the MD bibs-super quick and cute. You could even make a burp cloth too. Of course if your wrists are soe, knitting with cotton (which I've used) might not be the best choice.

Hope your wrists are feeling better soon. And how is it being with the 8th grade, have you gotted intoa groove?

Friday, September 21, 2007 at 2:46:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Glad that you seem to be feeling better!

Friday, September 21, 2007 at 5:21:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Before I forget to tell you - do actually measure what a good length would be for Buddy B. I think I actually added a couple of inches for Matt's sweater so it would hang better. Just a thought. Hope you're not in too much pain!

My favorite quote (from I don't know where) The grass is not greener on the other side, the grass is greener where it is watered! Yes, I believe you do make your own happiness and joy!

Friday, September 21, 2007 at 6:03:00 PM EDT  
Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

Karen, what a wonderful attitude! Joy and humor can soften a lot of life's blows.

I know how hard it is to back away from using your hands (believe me!) but you only get one pair. Please use them wisely :o)

Friday, September 21, 2007 at 11:29:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Kristin said...

Enjoy the zoo!!!!!! I <3 that place!

Saturday, September 22, 2007 at 1:10:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

erma bombeck said the grass is always greener over the septic tank!

i have wanted to go to a butterfly house for a long time. maybe next year w/ ella.

may the joy in your life continue.

Sunday, September 23, 2007 at 5:52:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home