Thursday, October 11, 2007

Missing Kid Not on Milk Carton

I'm missing my Absent-Minded Professor. He's been gone since Monday morning. No phone calls, no emails, not a word. Rest assured, though, you won't see his face turning up on a milk carton. He's just gone for the school week at outdoor education with his whole 6th grade class. Tomorrow afternoon my first-born will be home again. I'm sure he'll have great stories about Michindoh.

My house sure is quiet with him gone. It's not that he makes a lot of noise. The clashes he and Mayhem get into over stupid stuff create a lot of noise! Normally when he's gone he can call, or I will call and talk to him at night before bed. AMP regularly goes to stay with my parents for several days to a week at a time, so I'm OK with him being away from home. This is the first time he's been somewhere without family, though. I'm quite sure he misses Bruno and Coco more than he misses me! The dogs and I did send him mail.

The granny square afghan is 45" square. I ran out of the Tatamy Tweed worsted in Oatmeal and have just a scrap of the yellow (Gold) yarn left. My LYS is out of those colors; remember I bought it on clearance months ago when they decided to stop carrying it. Today I decided to order some directly from Kraemer Yarns in order to finish the afghan the way I want. Now that it's finally cool, I really want to finish this and get it to Buddy Bill's!

Mayhem gave handknit socks her stamp of approval today. It was chilly in the house and her feet were cold last night at bedtime. I suggested she could wear the Thuja socks I had made for her during the summer. This morning she proclaimed that her feet stayed toasty warm and those were now her bed socks. The way her feet are growing, they won't fit long! When I knitted them in June she thought I was nuts, of course. "It's too hot for those socks, Lady!"

Tonight I plan to get Cobblestone back out and work on the sleeves. Grey's Anatomy will be on, and I know I'll be parked in front of the idiot box, as my dad so fondly calls the television. Now that it feels like October, Buddy Bill needs his sweater.

Any big weekend plans? I think I'm going to try to get out and photograph the fall foliage! Oh, and knit of course.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Nia said...

I think I went to that camp in 8th grade. Funny.

Thursday, October 11, 2007 at 10:50:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Beth said...

Are you saying it's almost the weekend? I feel like I'm still stuck on Tuesday. Probably because I'm working on Saturday. :(

Friday, October 12, 2007 at 12:42:00 AM EDT  
Blogger becky c. said...

I have to work Saturday too, but I have high hopes for a little spinning while watching football on Sunday!

Friday, October 12, 2007 at 8:09:00 AM EDT  
Blogger KTMay said...

Okay....don't know what made me think of this...

Have you seen that new show, Pushing Dasies? I really like it. It's a good knitting show!

Have a super weekend!

Friday, October 12, 2007 at 1:07:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have not had that experience yet of the kids leaving me for camp - in fact, when my daughter goes this year, I'm tagging along! Hope you have a great weekend!

Saturday, October 13, 2007 at 12:26:00 AM EDT  
Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

I'm so glad the temps have returned to something like normal for these parts! Knitting sounds like the perfect thing to have on the agenda, Karen :o)

Saturday, October 13, 2007 at 11:19:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home