Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Blogiversary, Insanknitty, Gratzi. oh my!

Life has been so hectic, dear friends, that I totally forgot my own First Blogiversary! October 14 last year was when I started this here little knitting blog. I can hardly believe it. Since then I have learned to knit cables, I have learned to knit socks - top down and toe up, I made the Baby Surprise Jacket. More books and sock yarn have come into my house than I can catalog right now! I became a Loopy Groupie. I even made it into Ravelry!

One of the big events related to knitting this year was finding Yarn Haven and regularly meeting with the knitting group on Tuesday nights there. The Insanknitty gals are so much fun, and are great support for more than just knitting. Some nights I'm still laughing as I turn the corner and drive away toward home. The credit for my finding YH goes to fiber friend Sarah Lou, because the first time I went to YH, I was meeting her there to knit on a Tuesday nite. Walking in there is like walking into a second home now. It's so homey that some of the girls were talking about wearing their PJ's tonight!!

This evening, however, even though it's Tuesday, I'm heading to Ann Arbor instead of Insanknitty. (Sorry girls!) Gratzi, a wonderful Italian restaurant, is having dinner theater. While in A2 a few weeks ago, Buddy Bill and I saw a flyer for the event and he decided we needed to attend. The Phantom of The Opera is the performance, and it is only playing for two nights - last night and tonight. Bill made the reservations and invited me on a date (awwwwww), which we've been anticipating ever since. There will be knitting, since I already have my sock in progress ready for in the car on the way up and back.

I'm blogging on my lunch time, from my desk. No photos today. I'll let you know tomorrow how the dinner went. Someone peek in at Yarn Haven and tell me all about that pajama party!

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! Have fun at your show.

Tuesday, October 23, 2007 at 2:43:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Blogiversary! Have a wonderful time tonight! Sounds like a lot of fun!

Tuesday, October 23, 2007 at 3:58:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Blogiversary! Enjoy your date, too. ;)

Tuesday, October 23, 2007 at 6:07:00 PM EDT  
Blogger the secret knitter said...

Congratulations on a year of blogging!

Tuesday, October 23, 2007 at 6:54:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy blogiversary!

Tuesday, October 23, 2007 at 10:39:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Beth said...

Happy Blogiversary! Hope you had a fabulous time last night. :)

Wednesday, October 24, 2007 at 9:38:00 AM EDT  
Blogger sarah lou said...

i hope you had a nice night, lady! yay for knitting buddies and yarn haven and insanknitty and pj night! we can do it next week, too, if you like?? the OTHER karen suggested a monthly habit??

Wednesday, October 24, 2007 at 10:54:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Happy Blogiversary, it was so nice of Buddy Bill to "remember it" LOL and take you out on the town to celebrate. (That was the reason, right? Just teasing.) Hope it was a blast. I missed InsanKnitty due to an ankle injury. *sigh* Tuesdays.

Wednesday, October 24, 2007 at 2:11:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grazti is great! Hope you enjoyed your venture to AA.

Sorry the Indians couldn't pull it off. They are the team of my youth, and I was cheering for them. I even abandoned sock knitting! (Last year it was the Tigers losing the Series. Honestly, how much grief can a girl take?!)

Wednesday, October 24, 2007 at 3:47:00 PM EDT  
Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

Congratulations and Happy Blogiversary, Karen! Isn't it great? You have no idea in the beginning that you become part of a community of friends you've never met but feel you've always known.

Thursday, October 25, 2007 at 4:11:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home