Friday, October 26, 2007

I Gotta Knit!!!

There seems to be a plethora of knitting patterns that are calling to me right now, not to mention to Mayhem and The Absent-Minded Professor.

Take the Brain Monster Hat for example. Both kids love this one! Mayhem has requested that hers be pink or purple. A-MP has assured me he would indeed wear it, but has not decided upon a color. He immediately thought of the joke about "a brain sucker starving to death" when he saw the pattern.

After seeing The Secret Knitter start this ribbed beanie (pdf), I really have been itching (OK, given recent events, maybe that was a poor choice of words!) to make a few to donate and stash away for Christmas. This hat has "college kid" written all over it.

The pattern for the felted clogs from Fiber Trends is still sitting at home, staring at me, taunting me. I have two friends who are finishing these right now, and are ready to felt their clogs. Thanks, girls. You know who you are.

Here's the WIP update: I am slowly working on a simple stockinette pair of socks for me. They stay in the car, mostly, so I am not getting very far. Last night I started on the border for the granny square afghan. Yes, the border!!! It WILL become a Finished Object (FO) this weekend, then Cobblestone is coming back out of the knitting bag. Everything goes slowly with the wrist pain (which is manageable most days with meds and the wrist braces), and I get frustrated at times with my seemingly lack of progress.

Thank you to all of you who had suggestions about the hives! I took an allergy pill (Rx) before school today and so far so good. I really didn't want to keep itching! Besides, this weekend I have plans to make some homemade oatmeal raisin cookies. yummmmmmmmm

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the brain monster hat - I totally want to knit that! Glad you can still knit - albeit slowly. Take care of your wrists!

Friday, October 26, 2007 at 11:09:00 PM EDT  
Blogger becky c. said...

That brain monster hat is hilarious - I want to see a picture of somebody wearing it!

Saturday, October 27, 2007 at 8:58:00 AM EDT  
Blogger KTMay said...

OMG!!! I soooo need a brain monster hat! Mine will be green!

Thanks for the beanie hat pattern...perfect!

I'll see you tonight, and bring all things frog related!

Tuesday, October 30, 2007 at 11:21:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home