Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Keeping Warm

It is beginning to get colder. This morning I saw my most favorite thing: SNOW! Plenty of you are groaning right about now, I'm sure, but the sight of the first flurries of the season never fails to make me giddy with anticipation for winter delights. Woolen mittens. Rosy-cheeked loved ones. Long walks during quiet snowfalls. Snowball fights. Making snow angels. (Buddy Bill, this winter you WILL learn the fine art of making snow angels! It's not a spectator sport.) Snuggling in front of the warm woodstove after playing outside in the snow.

Along with the cold, I've thought of others and finished one cap and cast on for another. First up is the Knit Shortie which will go to the chemo cap donation box at knit nite. It's made with Tatamy Tweed, size 7 needles, and was a quick, quick knit. I plan to do another with some Plymouth Royal Bamboo. This was mostly knit up on Saturday evening after the junket to Marblehead. The kids were out to dinner with their dad and I was being lazy. See my handsome model?


The newly cast on hat is the Ribbed Beanie (pdf). I'm using two sock yarns, one thick solid red yarn and one thin, self-patterning yarn, for this cap. It will be warm! This is destined to be a gift, and if I can make it fast enough, there will be a twin cap.


My monsters have chosen the yarn for their Brain Monster hats. Yes, Mayhem decided she needs one too. Crystal Palace Merino 5 is soft, squishy and washable. Mayhem chose Dogwood Pinks which also has her required purple. Absent-Minded Professor chose Ultra Blues which is a combo of blues and aqua.

If you haven't seen enough autumn here at chez T-Town, have another look. This is part of my house, and the big, big, maple tree out behind it. The photo was taken today, so this tree is a late bloomer in terms of fall colors.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Ejly said...

I love the tree photo K! What beautiful color. Happy blogiversary!

Tuesday, November 6, 2007 at 6:52:00 PM EST  
Blogger becky c. said...

Yay caps!! Booo snow!

Tuesday, November 6, 2007 at 10:08:00 PM EST  
Blogger KTMay said...

Yay snow!! Yay caps!! (hee hee to Becky from AZ)

Never thought of throwing some striped sock yarn in with a hat...cool!

Wednesday, November 7, 2007 at 8:16:00 AM EST  
Blogger Sourire11 said...

I'm with you on the snow thing - the first snow is always a giddy, happy day for me. Skiing, and curling up by the fire, and snowmen... I love it!

Wednesday, November 7, 2007 at 10:49:00 AM EST  
Blogger sarah lou said...

i missed the flurries, yesterday, but i'm cool with snow. :)

i'm on a hat kick, too. :)

Wednesday, November 7, 2007 at 1:28:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love winter...
And hot cocoa...
And the blue light of the moon on freshly fallen snow...
And crackling fires ( I wish I had a fireplace)...
And watching a squirrel try to run in deep snow and disappear with every leap...:o)

I saw the snow too!

Thursday, November 8, 2007 at 7:57:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait for snow! Yay for fun hats!

Thursday, November 8, 2007 at 8:16:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home