Tuesday, November 20, 2007

I want, I want, I want!

That big holiday in December is creeping up on us. All you have to do is look at the yard across the street from my house to erase any doubt. It looks like something the Griswold's would do, and Thanksgiving isn't even here yet. If you can't get a look at that, just listen to my kids. "I want..." "I really want..." "Ooooh, Mom! I want..." The television commercials and newspaper inserts aren't helping, either. And I can't even begin to describe the deluge of catalogs in my mailbox every day.

Unfortunately, I have found plenty to add to my wish list as well. Shall I show you?

Initial Knitting Needles from this seller on Etsy. (Edited to fix link to correct shop!)

Spindolyn for learning to spin yarn.

101 Designer One Skein Wonders by Judith Durant.

Yesterday this arrived:

Hooray! It's my Ravelry Beta t-shirt.

This also arrived:


The orange and brown reminded me of the colors for BGSU, where I had a wonderful time as a graduate assistant. It's called Banded Agate. The dark, blue/black colorway is from the Raven Clan series and is called Haida. Yummmmmm. Blue Moon Socks That Rock really rocks.

However, I have so much already. I have much to be thankful for, I know, and have more than so many. Lord knows I have more yarn than I can knit in a year. Therefore, I am not buying any more yarn until January. Instead, I have made a donation to the Offhand Designs Fundraiser. There are plenty of UFO's for me to finish when my pain level in my wrists will allow me to knit. There's enough yarn in my stash to keep me going for a long, long time. Check out the link and consider donating. There's a little incentive for donating, but it's not yarn.


Remember to count your blessings this week, dear friends. It's not about the turkey.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me too! So many things out there that I want but I can not be buying any more things for myself!

Tuesday, November 20, 2007 at 8:47:00 PM EST  
Blogger Melissa said...

Here here!

<3

Happy Thanksgiving!

Tuesday, November 20, 2007 at 8:52:00 PM EST  
Blogger becky c. said...

I never saw a Spindolyn before - neat!

Wednesday, November 21, 2007 at 11:30:00 AM EST  
Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

Oh, Karen. It appears we are more alike than different! I am wearing that very T-shirt at the moment. Plus, my Raven clan yarn arrived this week too. Color? Haida.

Saturday, November 24, 2007 at 2:57:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home