Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Aggravation

Mayhem is the source of much aggravation this week. First, there's what she wants for Christmas. That's the Nintendo DS Lite. They aren't hard to find... unless you want pink. It can't be black, because that's what brother has. White won't do. Red isn't acceptable. It has to be pink. I was late to knitting tonight because I was going to the one store in town that still has these in pink.



Yesterday's aggravation was dress shopping. My mom will be 75 shortly and we are having a birthday party on Saturday for her to celebrate. Mayhem has outgrown everything! Now, she's a big kid, tall, but also heavy. What she wants to wear just isn't going to look OK on her. I know what that's like, I was her when I was 8. Finally, the old standby Lands' End came to the rescue with this velour dress. Guess what? It's pink. Raspberry to be exact. Pray it arrives before we leave Saturday afternoon!!!

Remember my mention of the neighbors whose yard decorations were giving the Griswold's a run for their money? Believe it or not, today the postage-stamp sized yard contains even more decorations that light up! An inflatable Santa was added. A light up story book joined the display. Now there are 2 snowmen and 3 reindeer. The lights on the roof don't just edge the roofline, they also cover the flat surface of the roof. The icing on the cake is that the music that accompanies the flashing lights is loud enough for me to hear each time I go into my bathroom. (Yes, I have indoor plumbing.) All of these things are in addition to what was already there. I really must take a picture to show you. Just when I think they have run out of yard, they find space for yet some other tacky display!

Thank goodness for knitting. It's slow, but it's happening. Thank goodness for Buddy Bill who brought me lunch today, and also knew I was out of coffee at school and brought me a whole fresh bag that will see me well into the new year. I can't survive at work without coffee!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let the pink addiction begin. Good luck girl. The pre-teen years have arrived early. ;)

Wednesday, November 28, 2007 at 1:30:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's pink? Is that a color? ;)

Wednesday, November 28, 2007 at 6:53:00 AM EST  
Blogger Beth said...

I'm very thankful not to have much shopping this year. My brother finally found a Wii...

Wednesday, November 28, 2007 at 12:36:00 PM EST  
Blogger Maria Elena said...

What's wrong with liking PINK?! The dress is beautiful. Here's hoping you have a nice day!

Wednesday, November 28, 2007 at 3:45:00 PM EST  
Blogger becky c. said...

Did you notice the dress description says "twirl-worthy"? I love me a twirly dress!

Wednesday, November 28, 2007 at 5:07:00 PM EST  
Blogger tiennieknits said...

Yes for pink DS Lites!

Thursday, November 29, 2007 at 2:27:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home