Friday, December 14, 2007

Winter Storm Warning

Dare I say it? It is supposed to snow! The storm is still 24 hours away and we already have a winter storm warning and are expecting up to 8" of snow. Anyone who knows me knows without looking that I'm grinning like an idiot right about now. The only thing that would make it better would be for the storm to arrive late Sunday instead of on Saturday night. I could use Monday off to wrap Christmas presents since I have wrapped exactly one. Yep. One gift. All the kids' gifts are still hidden and as soon as the wrapping paper comes out I know the kids will smell it and start snooping.

I have declared tonight Putting Up The Tree Night to which the kids responded "Nooooooo! You do it!" How in the world did I raise such party poopers? Honestly, I think they caught that attitude from their dad. He has never been one to help decorate or even help put up the tree. Decorating the tree was always such a big deal when I was growing up. We all had favorite ornaments and would talk about memories attached to those ornaments while placing them on the tree. Even now, I get my kids each a new ornament of their own every year. This year Mayhem's ornament is one depicting a scene from the movie A Christmas Story, commemorating the day she stuck her tongue to the fence and got stuck this past winter. Can you tell me the scene? I'm still looking for an ornament for my Absent-Minded Professor. Maybe Charlie Brown since he's so serious?

Having a frequent shoppers' credit at The Loopy Ewe has just about been killing me this month! Remember, I donated my yarn money for the month to charity. Today, however, this was back in stock: Dream In Color Classy - November Muse. The Classy yarn is going to become an Irish Hiking Scarf for Buddy Bill. Last year I made him one for Christmas out of Plymouth Encore - my first cabled project ever - but it has been lost in his moving this year. The way I see it, using a shop credit doesn't count as buying yarn, right? Plus it's to make something for someone else, not for stash enhancement. Just nod and agree with me, OK? OK. What agreeable enablers you all are!

One last bit of news, and it's happy news: My sister finished radiation for her breast cancer this week! HOORAY!

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Jeanne said...

Oh, that is such good news about your sister! My fingers are crossed for even better reports in the coming days.

What is this "snow" of which you speak? Please tell me there is still time to get the snowblower up and running? Procrastination at its finest...

Friday, December 14, 2007 at 10:55:00 PM EST  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Good news about your sister and ps...I'm a party pooper when it comes to snow, so I'm hoping it misses us ;)

Saturday, December 15, 2007 at 7:23:00 AM EST  
Blogger becky c. said...

Wear your pajamas inside out Sunday night to increase chances of a snow day!

Our tree has been up since last Saturday and we have only managed to put the lights on so far. Not party poopers, just too dang busy!!

Saturday, December 15, 2007 at 8:52:00 AM EST  
Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

Eight inches of snow? Wow! It's coming down here (love the "lake effect") but not sure how much is forecast.

I hope you enjoy decorating the tree. Maybe - just maybe - Mayhem and the Professor will come to cherish this family time too.

Saturday, December 15, 2007 at 10:44:00 AM EST  
Blogger tiennieknits said...

Ohhh!! I want a winter storm to come rolling in! I hope you get a good (but safe) one!

Monday, December 17, 2007 at 11:26:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home