Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Let it Snow!

Hooray! Today it snowed! Many schools had 2-hour delays this morning, and some even closed. My district had a 2 hour delay, but it was planned weeks ago for teacher in-service. No big deal. But it snowed! And it stuck!

Today I spent part of the day on the phone jumping through, hopefully, the last of the hoops thrown out in front of my by my medical insurance company to get the meds I need for my wrist pain. My doc had given samples of an arthritis drug that had been helping. Before that I took an anti-inflammatory that didn't do much. The arthritis drug and the wrist braces together really helped me a great deal. The samples ran out and my doc wrote an Rx for the med. The insurance company kicked it back saying they wouldn't pay it unless another anti-inflammatory was also tried for at least 30 days. GRRRRRR! So, the med that helped was stopped and I started taking another med the beginning of November. That's when all hell broke loose. That med was worthless. Almost no knitting all could happen. I was doing well to get through my day without dropping dishes, hairbrushes, toothbrushes, purse, keys. The doc will be working tomorrow to get the arthritis drug approved so I can pick it up in the next day or two. While I can type pretty proficiently with the braces on, knitting and velcro straps just aren't compatible. I need that medicine! It's not like I'm wanting something addictive like oxycontin. Sheesh!

I have a busy weekend planned. Saturday the guys are coming to clean my woodstove and chimney. Saturday night I'm leaving home so that my best friend K2 and I can get an early start to The Longaberger Homestead Sunday morning. Our annual pilgrimage is late this year!

In case you never thought about it, these baskets are great for storing yarn in, especially the ones with lids! Lots and lots of goodies at Longaberger.

Pictures from that trip, and Oma's birthday celebration will fill a post, I'm sure. K2 and I always find mischief. We have ever since third grade when we first met.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Meliabella said...

Longabergers are the BEST!!! Have fun!

Wednesday, December 5, 2007 at 9:44:00 PM EST  
Blogger Ruth's Place said...

Great looking baskets, but then I'm a sucker for a basket.

Do you have carpel tunnel? I nhad mine very successfully treated with accupuncture last year, it might be worth a try if you can find a practioner...

Thursday, December 6, 2007 at 6:50:00 AM EST  
Blogger becky c. said...

I always say all I do at work is make babies cry and fight with insurance companies.

Thursday, December 6, 2007 at 2:08:00 PM EST  
Blogger Sourire11 said...

Yeah for snowdays (or snow delays)!

Have fun on your trip.

Friday, December 7, 2007 at 2:03:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home