Monday, December 17, 2007

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like...

Well, you know. Christmas. We have 8" of snow and today was an official Snow Day. Yay! I have most of the gifts wrapped. The kids and I went out to lunch and had an otherwise lazy day. Absent-Minded Professor had some homework to get done that he's been procrastinating on, so that was taken care of after my being called a "mean mom" a few times. I guess I get coal this year.

Really, I was a bit surprised at the Snow Day. I managed to make it over to Buddy Bill's yesterday afternoon and back home around 8:00 last night. heheheh Normally it takes me about 12 or 13 minutes to get there and it took me 20 to 22 minutes. The side streets would be terrible for the buses today, though. I am not complaining about a day off when this last week of school before break will be crazy! I had to go over and check out the little tree that I left at Bill's earlier in the week. His place needed some Christmas cheer, so I found a mini tree and some little ornaments, along with one short string of lights. I dropped them off after an early morning doctor appointment - played Santa - on my way back to school.

The tree here is finally up and decorated. It took me a good part of Saturday, but it's done. The kids didn't want to help much, but Mayhem did find some of her special ornaments and add them to tree.

Today, for my random act of kindness for the week, I shoveled the neighbor lady's driveway. Normally her grandchildren would come and help her out, but they are now all serving in the military. She is 82 and there's no way she is going to shovel 8" of snow!

Now, can I finish a sweater in eight days? I don't think so. I might get there in the days after Christmas while I'm on break. Right now, though, since Mayhem stole my pair, I'm itchin' to knit mittens. Must. Resist. Casting. On. Another. Project.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sweater in 8 days? I think my brain just exploded. Good luck with that. :) I'm having the mitten itch, too, but I think they're going to have to wait until after Christmas, unfortunately.

Monday, December 17, 2007 at 11:05:00 PM EST  
Blogger tiennieknits said...

Yay for a snow day! That is sweet of you to shovel the driveway.

Tuesday, December 18, 2007 at 12:12:00 AM EST  
Blogger becky c. said...

Yep, you are a good kid. Enjoy your break. (I'm pouting a little)

Tuesday, December 18, 2007 at 6:48:00 AM EST  
Blogger the secret knitter said...

Eight days?!

Tuesday, December 18, 2007 at 9:31:00 AM EST  
Blogger KnitterBunny said...

I have two gifts to finish. Small mittens and mystery item for a guy. (Still haven't decided what to knit)

It was terribly nice of you to dig out the woman's driveway. Feels good too, right? :)

Tuesday, December 18, 2007 at 10:48:00 AM EST  
Blogger Karen said...

Let me clarify on the sweater... the body is done up to the armpits. One sleeve is partially done. I have to finish that sleeve, knit the other sleeve, join them to the body and finish the yoke/neck.

Karen

Tuesday, December 18, 2007 at 11:02:00 AM EST  
Blogger KTMay said...

I totally think you can finish it in 8 days if you're that far along. You go, girl.

Very sweet of you to shovel the driveway for the neighbor, and thanks to her kids for serving!

Merry Christmas, hun!

Friday, December 21, 2007 at 12:06:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home