Friday, December 21, 2007

Friends for Dinner

There's been an interesting turn of events around here, right before Christmas.

Every afternoon, between leaving my school and picking up my kids at their school, I normally talk to Buddy Bill for a few minutes. Thursday afternoon, College Kid answered the phone since B was out running errands. I hadn't seen him since he arrived home for the holiday break. College Kid and I get along OK, but what happened next was a huge surprise. "Hey, I'm cooking dinner tonight and was wondering if you would come over and join us," College Kid said. If I hadn't been buckled into my car with the seat belt, you could have knocked me over with a feather. Even more surprising, when Buddy Bill returned my call, he knew nothing about it! Yes, the dear boy did it all by himself.

Dinner was great, by the way. Pasta with College Kid's amazing sauce, garlic bread, green beans. Yum.

Knitting news? I have cast on for yet another project! I have serious start-itis and am not finishing anything. eeeeek! My Dream In Color Classy arrived from The Loopy Ewe and it's gorgeous. It is fast becoming an Irish Hiking Scarf. A beautiful Irish Scarf. And if I had a camera I would show you!

I think right after Christmas I will be buying a new camera. Or tomorrow, if I decide to brave the stores.

Have a beautiful Christmas, dear friends!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

Sometimes beautiful gifts come in dinner-shaped boxes with garlic bread bows :o)

Merry Christmas to you too, Karen!

Saturday, December 22, 2007 at 3:15:00 AM EST  
Blogger becky c. said...

Does he want to come over and cook for me? And more importantly, how is he at wrapping presents?

Merry Christmas

Saturday, December 22, 2007 at 8:32:00 AM EST  
Blogger tiennieknits said...

This is fantastic!

Friday, December 28, 2007 at 12:07:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home