Friday, December 28, 2007

Good Things

GOOD THING #1 Having won the battle to get the medicine I needed for my wrists about three weeks ago, I can tell you that 85% of the time I am without pain now. I can knit again! The celebrex is working enough that I actually managed to finish one of my UFO's, friends. The ribbed beanie is complete. I'm trying to talk Mayhem into modeling the hat for me, but I was informed I have to talk to her agent! What's up with that?? Maybe an ice cream bribe will work?


Photos are lousy when the kids won't model! (that's a Doodle Pony underneath) I'll work on a better photo.


GOOD THING #2 Karida, of Neighborhood Fiber Company, was running a contest before Christmas to try to help a DC neighborhood win a makeover. By voting in that contest, and letting Karida know by commenting on her blog, I won a prize. What did I win? A sock club membership! Check this out! There's more fibery goodness, friends. I had already purchased my membership, so I will be sharing this prize with you all in the form of some contests as the goodies arrive. (You can cheer now!)


GOOD THING #3 Tomorrow I get Absent-Minded Professor back! He's been at my parents' since Christmas Eve. I'm sure he's been busy beating them at mensch argere dich nicht - which is basically the same as Parcheesi or Aggravation. At Oma and Opa's we actually play on the German game board, though. I have no idea how old the game board is that we use, but I can't remember a time when we didn't have it.

GOOD THING #4 Buddy Bill is making the drive down with me to pick up Absent-Minded Professor, which means he is meeting the parents tomorrow. My parents. (Everyone say "eeeeeek!")


GOOD THING #5 I am loving knitting again (back to #1 and not having pain) and I think Cobblestone Sweater is ready to come out of time-out and become an FO. I think. Wish me luck.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Jeanne said...

EEEEEEEEEK! :-)

I'm so glad that the new meds are working for you! Welcome back to knitting. (Merry Happy!)

Friday, December 28, 2007 at 8:41:00 PM EST  
Blogger becky c. said...

Celebrex rocks! Woot, woot!

Friday, December 28, 2007 at 11:37:00 PM EST  
Blogger KTMay said...

Yay for anti inflam drugs!!! Boo for children who refuse to model works of art that we have slaved over. Glad you're feeling better!

WHAT the HECK is up with you and other fiber friends (*cough*cough*sarahlou*) who REFUSE to spread the word on contests?! ;)

Saturday, December 29, 2007 at 8:02:00 PM EST  
Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

So glad you're feeling better, Karen! Happy 2008 - from many different aspects!

Saturday, December 29, 2007 at 8:55:00 PM EST  
Blogger Beth said...

Yay! for knitting and Celebrex! :)

Foreign versions of games are fun. I used to have a French version of Monopoly.

Sunday, December 30, 2007 at 3:24:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you!

Thursday, January 3, 2008 at 1:00:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home