Saturday, January 05, 2008

On The Needles

It seems I have too many things on the needles again, my friends. In order to start decreasing WIP's (works in progress), I'm going to list them all out here, in no particular order. As my kids would say, "Hold on to your underwear!" Maybe this will prompt me to finish something. Maybe.

  1. Cobblestone Sweater for Buddy Bill. (Have to finish the sleeves and attach them.)
  2. Mittens from kool-aid dyed yarn that Becky gave me back in the summer.
  3. Swirl Socks started in August during Arizona trip. (Sock one is 2/3 complete.)
  4. Fuzzy Feet for Mayhem. (I started these ages ago!)
  5. Generic Colinette Jitterbug socks (using the label pattern)
  6. Log Cabin Afghan (mindless, never-ending)
  7. Irish Hiking Scarf - making good progress on this right now.
  8. Sweater for me... somewhere in my stash is a raglan, two-tone sweater of Sheep Shop Wool. The front is done. UFO vs. WIP... hmmmm
  9. Clapotis for me. I know just where it is. It's started and abandoned. I would say this is a UFO at this point.

Methinks there are more than that, but those are the projects that come to mind. So, in the midst of all this incompleteness, what did I do? I joined the "Sock of the Month Club" at my LYS, Yarn Haven. Indie dyers are creating special yarns for us, and Khris, of Chewy Spaghetti (etsy shop) created the first one. As soon as I get a decent photo - it's gray and gloomy here - I'll post one. The yarn is gorgeous, and named "Havenly" after our beloved yarn shop. Yay!

Now I will return to knitting. The question is, which project shall I work on????

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger becky c. said...

I vote for the mittens!!

Saturday, January 5, 2008 at 7:33:00 PM EST  
Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

I say pick the one that is closest to your heart; the one that will make you or the intended recipient the happiest.

I also think you should lighten you knitting load. Oddly enough, it's very freeing and leads to less knit guilt tripping.

I so love Chewy Spaghetti! Lucky you!

Saturday, January 5, 2008 at 11:11:00 PM EST  
Blogger Sourire11 said...

I think you should work on whichever one you feel like. Don't get too stressed - this is supposed to be fun! That being said if you finish up a pair of your WIP socks then you can totally justify casting on with your shiny new yarn!

Sunday, January 6, 2008 at 11:45:00 AM EST  
Blogger the secret knitter said...

This is one aspect of knitting I find completely mysterious. I'll have two projects at most going at the same time. How can you stand all the semi-completed projects?

Sunday, January 6, 2008 at 4:40:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We say "Hang on to your teeth!"

Myself, I'm not counting my UFOs. (I'm trying to ignore them! It's working, ha! ha!) But today I spread some of my new yarns on the bed to see what might be in the line up. Acorn Mittens in Noro Kuryeon (2 pair) and Jitterbug socks (again, 2 pair), Wendy's Basic Cabled Sock in Tofutsies (very soft!) and a vintage fan-and-feather afghan kit from ebay.

I say, knit what you love and love what you knit. You'll know which project is next!

Sunday, January 6, 2008 at 6:27:00 PM EST  
Blogger Beth said...

Start something NEW! hahahahaha Just trying to be a bad influence ;)

Sunday, January 6, 2008 at 10:59:00 PM EST  
Blogger KTMay said...

A LIST!!! That is exactly what I need to do. YOU are brilliant. Perhaps if I make a list of my WIPs, tape it to my forehead so that it dangles down in front of my eyes, and ONLY allow myself to work on things on that list....

on second thought....that all sounds kinda mature and grown up-ish. Ew.

Monday, January 7, 2008 at 11:31:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll root you on to finish all those projects!

Monday, January 7, 2008 at 4:26:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home