Monday, February 18, 2008

FO and Surprises

A friend from work took me to lunch today for my birthday - it's coming up in a few days.

Buddy Bill's Irish Hiking Scarf is complete! He received it today, all wrapped up for Valentine's Day (I know, I know... late). We didn't see each other that day, though. I remembered to take photos before it got away. Bill was thrilled with the scarf, full of brown that match his eyes.
Yarn: Dream In Color Yarns - Classy
Color: November Muse
Needle size: US size 7
Scarf Length: 56"

One surprise was getting a new cell phone today. It's orange, like BGSU colors! And it has a typepad inside, just like a regular keyboard, for text messaging. The nV. Cool stuff. It's my present to me this week. :-)

The other surprise was that Bill took me to a wonderful dinner at J.Alexanders. Great company. Good food. Wonderful wine. It was a wonderful place with no screaming kids, clowns, balloons, or waitstaff clapping and cheering for birthdays. It was bliss!!!!!

I don't know how my birthday could get any better. I finished a knitting project. I was treated like a queen by Bill, and I got a great deal on a phone I've been wanting and added a line for Bill, giving him my old phone.

Today life was very, very good.

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful scarf! Cool phone!

Monday, February 18, 2008 at 11:52:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and Happy Birthday!

Monday, February 18, 2008 at 11:53:00 PM EST  
Blogger becky c. said...

Yay for happy days!! Love the scarf.

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 at 6:45:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Purdy scarf - don't ya love Dream in Color???

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 at 6:32:00 PM EST  
Blogger Sourire11 said...

Love the scarf - and Happy Birthday!

Wednesday, February 20, 2008 at 12:03:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm. I haven't tried DIC yet. I have a friend who recently lost his scarf in France, and I could knit him a new one. That November Muse has beautiful coloring, it's nice and subtle. Maybe I should look into some Classy. Did you have much left?

Wednesday, February 20, 2008 at 12:49:00 PM EST  
Blogger Ejly said...

Happy Birthday Karen! I'm glad to hear it was so wonderful.

Wednesday, February 20, 2008 at 3:54:00 PM EST  
Blogger Beth said...

I love browns so that IHS is gorgeous! I should get me some of that Classy yarn. ;)

Wednesday, February 20, 2008 at 10:58:00 PM EST  
Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

Eep! First I was early, now I'm late with the birthday wishes. Ah well. I'm so glad the day was perfect for you!

Friday, February 22, 2008 at 1:08:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home