Sunday, March 23, 2008

Spring Hasn't Quite Sprung

Somebody better tell Winter that Spring has arrived - at least on paper! Six inches of snow fell here Friday and Saturday, just in time for Easter weekend. Don't the kids' baskets look lovely in the snow? Poor Easter Bunny.



True to form, this absolutely wacky weather had almost no impact two hours south at my mother's. The egg hunt at her place today went off without a hitch and there were even some signs of spring.


Look! Crocuses blooming in my mom's backyard. Mine are still buried under the snow. I checked when I arrived back in town today.


The kids and I are off school/work this week for spring break. Hahahahahahahaha. Think it will snow some more?

Mayhem's request for the week off was to go to the museum to see mummies. The museum here in T-Town has only one mummy that I know of, and it's often in storage. That got Buddy Bill and I talking on Friday while out to brunch during my car's routine maintenance. We are both big fans of The Field Museum in Chicago. Along with having mummies, and whole a permanent Egypt exhibit, it also houses Sue, the most complete T-Rex skeleton. Bill and I both thought that my kids should see The Field, and, being prone to being a bit spontaneous at times, I reminded him about being off this week. After comparing calendars, we decided that leaving town after Absent-Minded Professor's allergy appointment Tuesday afternoon would work best. We booked a suite at a tall hotel. We planned out where to go in addition to The Field Museum. Now we're off for a whirlwind tour of museums and Shedd Aquarium and Hancock Observatory and Museum of Science and Industry (but mostly that last one so Bill and I can see the glass exhibits!).

The kids will be worn out at the end of it all, I'm sure. The grown ups will be too, I'm betting. It's definitely the stuff from which memories are made, though!

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that sounds fantastic, can you stop and pick me up on the way. i promise to be good. huh, huh, huh.

Monday, March 24, 2008 at 12:19:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Diane said...

It's been crazy weather this year. My neice and her hubby drove 1 hr to my house .... left snow in MA to come to no snow in CT. Looks like the kids had a blast for their easter egg hunt. Easter is so much fun.

Monday, March 24, 2008 at 8:19:00 AM EDT  
Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

So, you're coming to Chicago eh? We have a bit of sun at the moment. Let's hope the weather holds out for you.

Monday, March 24, 2008 at 8:44:00 AM EDT  
Blogger becky c. said...

Yay!! Have a great time!

Monday, March 24, 2008 at 9:36:00 AM EDT  
Blogger the secret knitter said...

Chicago for spring break? Should be fun, assuming it isn't colder there. Have a great trip!

Monday, March 24, 2008 at 8:48:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a fabulous Spring Break!

Monday, March 24, 2008 at 9:21:00 PM EDT  
Blogger KnitterBunny said...

Planetarium and Art Museum too? :)

Tuesday, March 25, 2008 at 12:12:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Sourire11 said...

Hope you're having fun in Chicago!

Friday, March 28, 2008 at 2:23:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home