Monday, December 22, 2008

Oh Deer!

Saturday morning I took a walk in the MetroPark nearest to my house. As I usually do, I lugged along my trusty Nikon. We had the ice storm, remember? Who knows what I would see! Temps were dropping into the single digits, but I walked four miles, and took many pictures, trying to capture the beauty of the ice storm. Instead, I found something much more beautiful.

Peek-a-boo. Look at the base of the tree.

See the other one at the back right of the photo?





This field was full of deer, at one point I counted 18 there all together. Counting the 5 in the clearing before this field, I saw 23 deer!!
Then, just before getting back to the car, (very, very cold) I found this chattery, chubby fellow near my car. He didn't look cold at all!


Wishing you, and those you love, peace and happiness!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bee-u-tiful. We got snow up here (lots and lots of snow)

Blogless Jean in Lansing, MI

Monday, December 22, 2008 at 3:49:00 PM EST  
Blogger the secret knitter said...

Nice photos!

Monday, December 22, 2008 at 10:51:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy holidays to you!

Wednesday, December 24, 2008 at 12:20:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty pictures! Happy Holidays!

Saturday, December 27, 2008 at 11:32:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home