Thursday, December 04, 2008

Holiday Knitting

How many days until Christmas? Oh yes, twenty one. 21. Sorry, I don't mean to alarm you!

Not being good with deadlines, I made sure to not commit myself to making many gifts for the holidays. Instead, I planned only to knit two for sure, and any after that would be bonus gifts. I love giving hand-knitted gifts, but rather than putting pressure on myself with deadlines, I knit them all year and present them as I complete them.
The mittens I showed in progress last time are finished, and I can now show you the felted clog slippers that have been completed. Both of these items are for Bill's boys, and they are really the only planned knitting for Christmas gifts this year. College Kid (the older) loves his socks that I made earlier this year so much, that I know he'll love warm slippers to wear in his big old rental house off campus.
Since completion of the slippers, shown before felting and after, I have cast on a scarf for my mom, using some yummy Misti Alpaca yarn. The pattern is here, Ribs and Ruffles, and uses just one skein of chunky yarn. I'm using the baby alpaca called for in the pattern. I am halfway finished, and might, maybe, make a couple more, since it's so quick and easy.
Are you knitting madly or taking it easy?

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm knitting madly, but aren't I always? I've added more to the Christmas list just recently, but when told that "I really like the _____ you made me, would you make me another?" Who am I to resist? They like me, they really like me. ;)

Thursday, December 4, 2008 at 2:27:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

those slippers look great! and HUGE sitting on top of the washing machine pre-felting :)

Thursday, December 4, 2008 at 2:35:00 PM EST  
Blogger The Gadabout Knitter said...

Yay for slippers!!! I really like those.

I'm not knitting presents madly, but I still have 2 to go (small things thankfully!)

Thursday, December 4, 2008 at 3:20:00 PM EST  
Blogger becky c. said...

It's all about the madly over here. I am in over my head already.

Thursday, December 4, 2008 at 3:23:00 PM EST  
Blogger the secret knitter said...

You know, knitting and giving the gifts throughout the year rather than trying to hit that Christmas deadline is a really good idea. I've cut back on what I'm making this year in part because I knew I'd never get it all done in time.

Thursday, December 4, 2008 at 5:50:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those slippers are cool! I want to knit some of those someday.

Thursday, December 4, 2008 at 6:46:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not really planning on knitting much at all. It's more about studying madly, freaking out about post-graduation, and all that. I AM knitting a skiing cowl for my brother's girlfriend and probably a scarf for my mom.

Thursday, December 4, 2008 at 9:36:00 PM EST  
Blogger Buddy Bill said...

Karen knits things out of love and that is the finest kind of knitting. My son will love the slippers unless, of course, hide them in my closet.

Bill

Thursday, December 4, 2008 at 10:31:00 PM EST  
Blogger Karen said...

Hey, B, you have your own slippers!XOXOXO
-K

Friday, December 5, 2008 at 8:32:00 AM EST  
Blogger Sourire11 said...

Well... I was taking it easy... but now I'm knitting madly. I swore I wasn't going to knit anything this year sicne I have bigger things on my mind (and in my body) but of course I got sucked in. We'll see how much I actually get done!

Great slippers, btw!

Friday, December 5, 2008 at 2:51:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm taking it easy this year - just a pair of socks for my sister and I just finished the first one. Which is good since I just realized that Christmas is only a few weeks away - yikes! The slippers look great!

Sunday, December 7, 2008 at 9:20:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home