Sunday, October 19, 2008

Something Blue

I'm in a Sock of The Month Club at my LYS, Yarn Cravin'. It started in January of this year. Nearly each month we have a new sock pattern and new yarn introduced, and we have been challenged by new techniques, such a learning how to knit a sock from the toe up. It has been so much fun, but there were some months I never even got to start the sock for that month and I fell further and further behind, or I have one sock partially completed, and the second sock is nowhere in sight.

Case in point. Here is the yarn we received in January.


Beautiful, isn't it? Lovely yarn from Khris, of Chewy Sphaghetti. The colorway is "Haven" and it was dyed just for our sock club. The pattern is Right Twist Cable from the book Getting Started Knitting Socks by Ann Budd. (If you don't have this book in your library, don't wait any longer!)

One glance at the calendar will show that is now mid-October. My pair of socks is just now finished. Yes, the socks from January. They weren't hard to knit. (In fact, most of sock number two was knit during the three hours I supervised a one-on-one PSAT and ACT test administration for students who needed small group accommodations earlier this week.)



But, the socks are finished. All along the way, from January until now, I worked on other things, started other socks, even learned to spin! You all know that's on top of working full time, being a mom, running a house and dealing with a crazy mess of an ex.

I can also say I have one more UFO off the list.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous sock - gorgeous yarn! And you finished them so it doesn't matter how long it took, right?

Sunday, October 19, 2008 at 3:03:00 PM EDT  
Blogger The Gadabout Knitter said...

Love. Love. The socks and the yarn!! A perfect match!

Sunday, October 19, 2008 at 8:17:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Sourire11 said...

Those are beautiful - and I'm totally with you on the socks take forever thing. This also is exactly why I try never to knit socks on a deadline - they take months longer than I think they should.

Monday, October 20, 2008 at 3:24:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that colorway is me! Great socks!!

Monday, October 20, 2008 at 5:50:00 PM EDT  
Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

I just adore Chewy Spaghetti colorways! No matter how long it took to finish, the point is that you *did* finish the pair. My Chewy Spaghetti Monkey socks are 1.5 and holding for the foreseeable future.

Sunday, October 26, 2008 at 7:50:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home