Monday, September 01, 2008

Monkeyin' Around

Holy Toledo! Where in the world has the time gone?

Work is keeping me insanely busy. School started with a rush of schedule changes, new enrollments and I spend the majority of my day at school on the computer fixing kids' schedules and making sure my Seniors have what they need to graduate. I go home with tired, aching wrists. Right now I am averaging seeing 19-21 kids per day, and fixing schedules for 17 of them. I can't tell you how many keystrokes that involves. High school is a whole new world. My 9th graders, whom I've known since 7th grade, have been happy to see me. I'm a familiar face in the big, crazy high school.

I got both my kids back to school without incident, and Buddy Bill got his boys off to college fairly smoothly. Maybe now life can settle down. Maybe. Have kids ranging from a junior in college down to fourth grade just doesn't make for a smooth life, you know? Especially with one in junior high right in the middle!

Bill's sweater is getting closer to completion, but it wasn't done by the end of the Olympics. Work got in the way. I just couldn't knit after being on the computer at work all day. Plain and simple. My old wrist braces have come back out to be worn at night. I am on the decrease rows at the top of the sweater, and I have a progress picture to show you, to prove that it's closer to becoming an FO. I haven't knitted on anything else, which is amazing because there are so many things I want to start, despite having many other WIP's to complete!


My much-loved sewing team, Jen and Wendy at Piddleloop, had another shop update not too long ago and I scored the sock monkeys on pogo sticks! Look - monkey butts! heheheheheh Check out the little banana bag tucked inside.


Buddy Bill just had a birthday and we spent this weekend celebrating. Good wine, good food and time together were just what we needed. My gift to him was time at a glass blowing studio to try his hand at making glass art; something he's always wanted to do. He went Friday morning and made a vase and a paperweight with a great artist he's admired for a long time. Happy Birthday, Luv!

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

I was thinking about you just yesterday. Nice to see things are good. A bit on the crazy side, but good.

Happy belated Buddy Bill Birthday! Take it easy on those wrists, eh?

Monday, September 1, 2008 at 7:32:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the monkey bags! Cobblestone is looking great too...hope work gets a little less hectic!

Monday, September 1, 2008 at 7:45:00 PM EDT  
Blogger becky c. said...

What a neat gift! You are so creative.

Monday, September 1, 2008 at 10:21:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

who doesn't love those monkey butts???

Tuesday, September 2, 2008 at 12:44:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Sourire11 said...

Thanks for the congratulations! Yeah we're really, really excited...

Cobblestone is looking great!

Wednesday, September 3, 2008 at 2:44:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The sweater is looking great! Take care of your wrists, you!

Wednesday, September 3, 2008 at 9:05:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home