Sunday, August 17, 2008

Green Sleeves

Knitting furiously on Saturday wielded me great results. No it wasn't a gold medal, like Michael Phelps, but I did manage to complete sleeve #2 of Buddy Bill's sweater.

Even better than that, after some concentration and studying, and quite a bit of courage, I gathered up my sense of adventure and sat down today to join the sleeves to the body! All aboard for the short rows and learning of wrap-and-turns. The yoke of this sweater is now commencing!

Absent-Minded Professor has been cheering me on. Yay, Mom! He won't learn to knit, but he's always interested to see how my projects come together.

Maybe there will be a Cobblestone sweater in his future.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger KnitterBunny said...

Yay! I love it when I reach the yoke portion of a sweater. :)

Sunday, August 17, 2008 at 7:43:00 PM EDT  
Blogger the secret knitter said...

Just tell him all the guys are doing it. Oh wait, they're not. :)

Sunday, August 17, 2008 at 10:16:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Sourire11 said...

Looking good!

Monday, August 18, 2008 at 5:34:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The sweater is coming along nicely! I think your son needs one too. :)

Monday, August 18, 2008 at 6:06:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks great - can't wait to see it done!

Tuesday, August 19, 2008 at 6:30:00 PM EDT  
Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

Karen, look at you! Such progress in a short time. I know you can do it!

Thursday, August 21, 2008 at 3:55:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Susan T-O said...

Nice job! I hope you win the UFOlympics :-)

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 at 9:53:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home